Information Technology Lead I
CURRENT ROOT EMPLOYEES - Please apply using the career page in Workday. This career site is for external applicants only.
We are looking for an Information Technology Lead I to join our team. In this role, you will play a crucial part in driving strategic initiatives, managing projects, fostering collaboration, mentoring team members, and leveraging technology expertise to deliver impactful results for the organization.
While Root is a “work where it works best” company, this position will require regular work onsite at our headquarters in Columbus, OH.
Salary Range: $91,000 - $130,000
How You Will Make an Impact
● Identify, address, and deliver strategically important initiatives for Information Technology, including recognizing opportunities for additional improvements.
● Serve as team lead for Information Technology, regularly coaching and mentoring others to increase their impact and abilities.
● Lead Root in adhering to various compliance standards, working cross-functionally to ensure success.
● Assist Information Technology team to develop user guides and document/address complex issues.
● Assist in equipment exchanges when necessary.
● Serve as an expert in enterprise applications.
● Leveraging automation to create efficient, accurate workflows in a fast-paced work environment.
● Build effective relationships with key stakeholders, representing the team’s needs to build alignment and understanding business needs.
● Document complex processes and ensure IT best practices are used to drive continued maturity of information technology programs and processes.
● Provide recommendations on objectives identified to meet business needs.
● Drive cross-team collaboration to ensure successful implementation beyond the Information Technology team.
● Identify and troubleshoot functional problems affecting technology managed by the Information Technology team.
● Lead and communicate to the organization major technology deployments, updates, and changes.
● Gain expert knowledge of technologies, tools, and processes.
● Provide skill development and mentor other technicians and employees of the organization.
● Prioritize work within projects to ensure successful delivery and recommend improvements for high-priority items.
What You Will Need to Succeed
● 7+ years of experience
● A passion for assisting the organization through a customer service mindset.
● Ability to handle ambiguity and quickly adapt when changes occur.
● Expert knowledge of both Mac and PC platforms to effectively manage, troubleshoot, and solve problems of varying levels of complexity in a remote environment, independently.
● Knowledge of enterprise management technology for Windows and Apple platforms.
● Must be detail-oriented, able to multitask, and excel in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
● Must be able to meet deadlines, work with a sense of urgency and have excellent communication skills.
● Experience with applications such as:
○ ManageEngine Endpoint Central
Don’t meet every single requirement?
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Root, Inc., we are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway!
At Root, we judge people based on the merit of their work, not who they are. If you are passionate about what this role entails and solving real problems, we encourage you to apply. We want to learn about you and what you can add to our team.
Who we are
We’re harnessing the power of technology to revolutionize insurance. Using machine learning and mobile telematic platforms, we’ve built one of the most innovative FinTech companies in the world. And we’re just getting started.
What draws people to Root
Our success is in large part due to our unwavering standards in hiring. We recognize that our products are only as good as the people building and promoting them. We want individuals who find solutions by going through the cycle of ideation to implementation with curiosity, rigor, and an analytical lens. Ask anyone who works here and you’ll hear similar reasons for why they joined:
Autonomy—for assertive self-starters, the opportunities to contribute are limitless.
Impact—by challenging the way it’s always been done, we solve problems that have a big impact on our business.
Collaboration—we encourage rich discussion and civil debate at every turn.
People—we are inspired by the collection of crazy-smart people around us.