Senior AI Software Engineer
Who We Are:
Founded in 2018 by engineers from Stanford, Cisco Meraki, and Samsara, Spot AI is the fastest growing Video Intelligence company in the U.S. We are upending the $30 billion video surveillance market with an AI Camera System to help people at work create safer, smarter organizations. In the process, we’re disrupting video security to create a new category of Video Intelligence.
We are experiencing tremendous growth and are deployed at thousands of locations across businesses in 17 different verticals, ranging from local businesses to Fortune 500s. Our customers range from warehousing and healthcare to nonprofits and car washes including SpaceX, ExtraSpace Storage, WineDirect, YMCA, and Veg Fresh Farms.
We’ve recently raised $40M Series B financing to continue to transform how organizations use their video footage. We’re backed by Scale Venture Partners, Redpoint Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, StepStone Group, and MVP Ventures.
Who You Are:
You’re a self-driven, highly skilled AI Engineer with expertise in designing, architecting, and productizing AI, big data, and computer vision solutions. You excel at building and shipping computer vision or AI products in production, and bring a combination of passion and creativity along with a pragmatic approach. You have the skills to architect distributed AI systems that can handle millions of hours of customer footage. You know how to work cross functionally to meet the needs of multiple stakeholders, and you have a track record of success.
What Excites You:
- Working and mutually learning from an extremely high caliber engineering team
- Developing video intelligence products from inception, with lots of ownership and opportunities to implement novel solutions
- Delivering video intelligence features in ways that are thoughtful about end user privacy, such as on-device models and federated training
- Operating with autonomy in a fast paced environment
- Communicating directly with customers to better understand their use-cases for iterating on future product roadmap
What Gets Our Attention:
- 3+ years of experience building and productizing AI systems at scale
- Track record of delivering outstanding results
- Strong engineering fundamentals with various back-end technologies in Python
- Experience with big data processing technologies and databases, such as Apache Beam, Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Pub/Sub, Dataflow, BigQuery or Bigtable
- Prior exposure to general cloud solutions, such as Google Cloud Platform, Kubernetes, SQL/time series databases, etc.
- Outstanding communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and synthesize engineering tasks with first principles thinking
- Ability to rapidly pick up new technologies and techniques and implement them
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field; master's degree or higher preferred
What’s In It For You:
- Base Salary Range: $123,000 - $190,000. Offered salary will be based on the offered candidate’s demonstrated attributes and competencies related to the role, as well as the offered candidate’s geographical location within the United States. Your recruiting partner can share more details about the compensation range as it relates to your geography once your interview process has begun
- Generous early stage equity
- Medical, dental and vision plan options
- 401K with employer match
- Flexible and supportive time off practices, including self-managed PTO and a 14-week new parent leave policy
- Learning and development opportunities
- Remote work flexibility, including a stipend to set up your ideal home office
What We Value:
We operate under a trio of company values:
- Customer First, Always. We are relentlessly curious about our customer’s goals, and seek the simplest solutions to solve their problems.
- Own Your Outcomes. We bias towards action, move fast, and iterate. Everyone on our team is empowered to make decisions.
- It’s a team effort. We help each other succeed. We leverage each other’s strengths to accomplish big goals together.
And, we are creating and cultivating a diverse and inclusive culture where we celebrate individuals for what they accomplish, no matter who they are! As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Come join our journey!