Customer Engineer / Post-Sales Implementation
Tetrate is a leading enterprise service mesh company that enables customers to have a safe and fast application modernization journey. We were recently named a 2022 Forbes America’s Best Startup Employer after being evaluated for employer reputation, employee satisfaction, and growth. Grow with us and complete our ‘mesh’!
Post-sales or Implementation Engineers will be responsible for guiding our customers into adopting service mesh. Deploying our products, assisting them into upgrading or onboarding applications will be some of the tasks. Working together with our customers into setting them up for success will be your mission.
- Fundamentals-based problem solving skills; Drive decision by function, first principles based mindset.
- Demonstrate bias-to-action and avoid analysis-paralysis; Drive action to the finish line and on time.
- You are ego-less when searching for the best ideas
- Intellectually curious – penchant for seeing opportunities in ambiguity
- Understands the difference between attention to detail vs. detailed – oriented
- Values autonomy and results over process
- You contribute effectively outside of your specialty
- A proven track record of leading consulting and implementation engagements
- Experience managing multiple projects and stakeholders
- Experience with Kubernetes (CNCF CKA(D) or similar certifications)
- Strong network understanding; Istio experience is a major bonus
- Formal or semi-formal education or structured exposure to Computer Science and distributed systems, and appropriate domain knowledge in these areas
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience building production cloud architectures with cloud providers (AWS, GCP, etc), especially with Compute (ex. EC2), Networking (ex. VPC, ELB,etc) and Kubernetes (ex. GKE).
- Familiar with service mesh technologies such as Istio and Envoy
- Good understanding of DevOps, systems administration, APM, micro-service design
- A reasonable ability to code and script, sufficient understanding of technical product offering
Experience contributing to open source projects and distributed work environment are a plus.
Location: Worldwide – We are a 100% globally distributed company.