Senior Product Manager, Writing Experience
Note: We support 100% remote work for applicants who reside in the following states: California, Colorado, Hawaii, Illinois, Massachusetts, New York, Oregon, Texas and Washington.
Textio helps companies hire and retain diverse teams by eliminating bias in the most critical moments across the talent lifecycle. Textio gives you the tools to build high-performing teams by attracting diverse talent and supporting their career growth.
Textio's impact is driven by our writing experience. Textio identifies the biases and other problematic content that seeps into critical documents like job posts and performance reviews. We present this information, and the opportunities to fix them in an easy-to-use and fun experience so writers will take our guidance and write more inclusively and equitably, whether or not they care a lot about DEIB.
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to lead the writing experience team.
You'll be responsible for...
Creating Textio's next generation writing experiences: The release of ChatGPT changed the nature of writing. Despite organization bans, writers are flocking to generative writing because it is making them more efficient. You, with your team, will figure out how to help our customers get to inclusive, equitable writing even when large language models might write the first draft.
Feature prioritization and definition: You will use your deep knowledge of DEIB practices, regular customer communication, and our business needs and strategy to create a roadmap. You will prioritize and define clear and crucial problems to solve so our designers and engineers can solve them. You will find the smallest scope that meets the need, so we can get feedback quickly and iterate.
The impact of your work: At Textio, one of our core principles is to Listen to the Loop. You will watch analytics and regularly talk to customers to understand how well the features you've built are working. Did your hypotheses prove true in the real world? Are your features helping our customers build and retain a diverse team? You'll take those insights and find ways to iterate, to create more impact over time.
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- 5+ years of product management experience - start up experience preferred.
- SaaS product management experience.
- Track record as a DEIB champion coupled with proven experience keeping DEIB top of mind throughout the product development process.
- Experience leading a team's roadmap over a long period of time, informed directly by customer conversations, industry knowledge, company strategy.
- Comfort making tradeoffs between quality and speed, shipping early and improving often.
- Experience building and nurturing cross-functional relationships.
- Expectations that your work will make an impact that shows up in metrics while holding yourself accountable to that bar.
- Demonstrated competence in turning ambiguous problems into concrete and effective solutions.
- Track record of creating great user experiences.
- Nice to haves: Understanding of NLP capabilities, machine learning, generative AI.
We orient our product work around our company principles. If you see yourself in them, you may be a good fit on the team!
We are building a truly diverse, equitable, and inclusive product team. We have a number of outstanding benefits to support that.
- We offer flexible schedules and unlimited time off. Take vacations to recharge and work the schedule that makes sense for you. We’re about long-term growth and success, so that means working sustainably.
- We provide outstanding health care, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family.
- Paid time to volunteer at non-profits. If you volunteer enough, we’ll match your hours with donations.
- On demand mentoring with Bravely.
The salary range for this role’s listed level is currently $135,500 - $194,500 (target salary range is $145,000 - $170,000 for this role). Grade level and salary ranges are determined through interviews and a review of education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities of the applicant, equity with other team members, and alignment with market data. We will provide more information on our benefits and equity upon requests. Disclosure as required by the Colorado Equal Pay for > Equal Work Act, C.R.S. § 8-5-101 et seq.
Textio embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Textio requests applicants shared demographic information because having a recruitment process that is fair and unbiased is a the core of who we are and what do. The information we collect helps us measure, and holds us accountable to, our progress towards building a diverse and inclusive workplace.The data enables us to perform internal analysis on our hiring practices. If we see any unintentional biases or disparities in our process, we can work to address and eliminate them. It allows us to continuously improve our hiring procedures and make them more equitable and hold ourself true to being able to hire and retain a diverse team.
Please note that providing this information is completely voluntary. Any information you provide will be kept confidential and will not impact your chances of employment in any way. The data is used strictly for statistical purposes and to ensure fairness in our hiring processes.
Persons who are deaf, hard of hearing, blind, or have speech disabilities, please dial 711 to access telecommunications relay services.
Working at Textio is outstanding. Learn more about our philosophy, benefits, and team at https://textio.com/careers/.
Reach out and share your story with us!