VP of People
Note: We support 100% remote work for applicants who reside in the following states: California, Colorado, Hawaii, Illinois, Massachusetts, New York, Oregon, Texas and Washington.
Textio helps companies hire and retain diverse teams by eliminating bias in the most critical moments across the talent lifecycle. Textio gives you the tools to build high-performing teams by attracting diverse talent and supporting their career growth.
Of everything we've built in our years as a company, our team is what we are most proud of. Textios include people with a range of talents and backgrounds who are passionate about creating fair workplaces.
Textio has long been known for helping organizations hire better. Now we have a brand-new product. Textio Lift helps managers write effective feedback for every single employee, and helps organizations close the equity gaps that have historically caused women and people of color to receive lower-quality feedback at work. Textio's data on this topic has been published in Fortune, Bloomberg, and more, and we've made software to directly address this problem.
The source of all our customer credibility is our willingness to invest in Textio as a living case study of the type of organization we aim to help others create. As our VP of People, you are central to how we follow through on this intention!
In this role, you will lead our people operations, including HR, talent management and development, compensation and benefits, learning and development, and operations. You will partner closely with our VP of TA and DEIB to jointly lead all aspects of organizational development and operations.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You are a methodical problem solver who has created systematic processes in a startup environment without overbuilding
- You build for manager effectiveness, and you have previously co-created organizations with strong management capabilities
- You believe the key to organizational success is aligning the right work to the right people, and you create systems to make this happen
- Making strong business-driven decisions is your north star
- You believe that diverse teams make better teams
- You are known for being calm, poised, and mature in high-pressure situations; you are always the adult in the room
- You are a balanced mix of analytical and intuitive: able to collect and use data when appropriate, and able to connect with people 1-1
- You are an excellent communicator verbally and in writing—Textio stands for editorial quality, and you do too
- You are passionate about creating fair workplaces
- You have a point of view but are low ego and you know how to recognize this in other people
We want a systematic and mature VP of People to lead our most critical company investment: the growth and development of Team Textio.
We are looking to build a truly diverse, equitable, and inclusive team. We have a number of outstanding benefits to support that.
- We are a fully distributed team. Without a central office, everyone’s on an equal footing wherever you’re based within California, Colorado, Hawaii, Illinois, Massachusetts, New York, Oregon, Texas or Washington.
- We offer flexible schedules and unlimited time off. Take vacations to recharge and work the schedule that makes sense for you. We’re about long-term growth and success, so that means working sustainably.
- We provide outstanding health care, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family.
- Paid time to volunteer at non-profits. If you volunteer enough, we’ll match your hours with donations.
- On demand mentoring with Bravely.
The salary range for this role’s listed level is currently $209,000 - $314,000 (with a target salary range of $xxx - $xxx). Grade level and salary ranges are determined through interviews and a review of education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities of the applicant, equity with other team members, and alignment with market data. We will provide more information on our benefits and equity upon requests. Sales roles are also eligible for incentive pay targeted up to or over 100% of the offered base salary (uncapped). Disclosure as required by the Colorado Equal Pay for > Equal Work Act, C.R.S. § 8-5-101 et seq.
Textio embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Textio requests applicants shared demographic information because having a recruitment process that is fair and unbiased is at the core of who we are and what do. The information we collect helps us measure, and holds us accountable to, our progress towards building a diverse and inclusive workplace. The data enables us to perform internal analysis on our hiring practices. If we see any unintentional biases or disparities in our process, we can work to address and eliminate them. It allows us to continuously improve our hiring procedures and make them more equitable and hold ourself true to being able to hire and retain a diverse team.
Please note that providing this information is completely voluntary. Any information you provide will be kept confidential and will not impact your chances of employment in any way. The data is used strictly for statistical purposes and to ensure fairness in our hiring processes.
Persons who are deaf, hard of hearing, blind, or have speech disabilities, please dial 711 to access telecommunications relay services.
Working at Textio is outstanding. Learn more about our philosophy, benefits, and team at https://textio.com/careers/.
Reach out and share your story with us!