Senior Firmware Engineer (Embedded C)
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, March 30, 2023
The workplace is undergoing a complete transformation. Today with the rise in hybrid working and expectation of employee personal choice, use of the workplace has become completely unpredictable. In order for workplace and real estate leaders to effectively manage space and serve today's employees, they need to fully understand physical space and how people are using it in real-time. This ability is called spatial intelligence, and VergeSense is the leader in providing these insights, which lead to reduced real estate costs, improved employee retention, and better sustainability.
VergeSense is the leading workplace analytics platform used by innovative Fortune 500 companies across the world. These businesses use VergeSense to transform their static office into a dynamic workplace that matches today's employee needs and expectations. Powered by intelligent sensors and AI-driven insights, customers rely on VergeSense to reduce or reinvest real estate, improve building operations, and create spaces that meet today's employee expectations.
We are looking for an experienced senior firmware engineer with strong technical skills to be a key part of Vergesense’s engineering team. This role is based out of our MountainView HQ. Vergesense favors a hybrid work style and we are pretty flexible depending on personal needs
What You'll Do:
- Significantly contribute on firmware releases deployed to hundreds of global fortune 500 customers.
- Engage constructively with your team lead and other team members to define requirements, develop software architecture and plan development.
- Use your creativity to deliver innovative solutions from concept to prototype to production.
- Conduct software unit tests to exercise your implemented functionality.
- Contribute to increase the overall quality of the code base.
- Document your software designs.
- Contribute to factory test procedures to ensure shipment of quality products.
- Communicate and interact with the team to clearly set expectations, share technical details, resolve issues, and report progress.
- Participate in brainstorms and otherwise contribute outside your area of expertise.
What You'll Need:
- 5+ years experience developing and supporting embedded systems.
- 5+ years with C/C++ on Linux based systems
- Extensive experience with RTOS.
- Design for security experience.
- Experience working on diagnostic and communication interfaces including RS-232/485, I2C, SPI.
- Experience designing a variety of peripheral devices and sensors.
- Ability and willingness to make critical system-level design decisions and drive projects from start to finish with minimal supervision.
• A high-impact role in an emerging industry leader
• Competitive compensation and equity
• Employer-sponsored medical, dental and vision insurance
• Open Vacation policy: take time off when you need it
We value people from all walks of life who exhibit kindness, curiosity, discipline, humility, and passion to excel at what they do. If you would like to contribute to our team, we encourage you to apply.
See more open positions at VergeSense
Something looks off?