Senior Product Manager - IoT
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, January 17, 2024
The workplace has undergone a complete transformation. Historically, occupancy was consistent; everyone worked in-office five days per week. But post-pandemic, occupancy is inconsistent, unpredictable, and dynamic, as work has become more flexible than ever before. To make decisions with confidence, workplace, CRE, and facilities management leaders need a true understanding of how and when their spaces are used.
VergeSense is the company behind the world’s first and only Occupancy Intelligence Platform. Over 200 companies across 45 countries and 100M sqft rely on occupancy intelligence to make confident, fact-based optimization decisions to improve employee experience and decrease costs. VergeSense customers use our platform, which is built on a foundation of the industry's most accurate occupancy sensors, to right-size their portfolio, validate space planning and designs, optimize cleaning operations, and ensure their teams can always find spaces to work.
VergeSense is looking for a Product Manager to join our IoT & Connected Devices product team. We help customers measure their spaces so they can use data to transform how they operate, design, manage and use office spaces. Our large customer base and highly engaged users are looking for VergeSense to bring some stability and control to a corporate office real estate industry that is undergoing a massive transformation as companies and employees redefine the purpose of the office. We are already measuring occupancy and more across 60M+ SQFT of spaces and we are in pursuit of every SQFT.
As a Product Manager on the IoT & Connected Devices team, you will help drive the vision, strategy and execution for our AI powered, connected devices and the IoT onboarding and management user experiences. Your impact will help VergeSense scale to millions of devices in the field and ensure our customers are able to measure their spaces quickly, accurately and reliably. You will join a world class product team that is relentlessly living by VergeSense values with the aim to build products that customers love and accelerate growth for our business.
What you will do
- Become an expert in our customer use-cases and key problems, our market dynamics, our business, and last but not least our products.
- Align with the vision for Connected Devices & IoT products at VergeSense and help evolve it to address the key market trends and customer pains
- Drive the roadmap for device onboarding, installation and commissioning workflows, monitoring tools for fleet management and connectivity
- Partner with design/UX and engineering leads to perform discovery with customers and lead this empowered team through discovery → delivery → GTM.
- Partner with cross functional teams including marketing, sales and support to ensure smooth and successful GTM for your product/features.
- Define and continuously measure metrics to monitor the success of our products and features, defined by their impact on our customer needs and business objectives.
- Conduct and present market research and competitor analysis to the rest of the product team.
Who you are
- You have 3+ years of product management experience
- You are hungry and motivated to make an impact and move the needle for our customers and our business
- You are a lifelong learner, curiosity is core to who you are, there is always one more “Why?” you look to ask.
- You have solid fundamentals in product management, and know how and when to make decisions with imperfect information.
- You realize the value of clear, concise and story based communication. You take pride in being able to deliver key takeaways and punchlines in the shortest, most clear way possible.
- You understand how to lead via influence, you know how to handle tough conversations with empathy and poise.
- You are organized, you do what you say, and say what you do.
- You have experience working with IOT and/or large time series data products (Plus)
• A high-impact role in an emerging industry leader
• Competitive compensation and equity
• Employer-sponsored medical
• Dental and vision insurance (dependent on location)
• Open Vacation policy: take time off when you need it
We value people from all walks of life who exhibit kindness, curiosity, discipline, humility, and passion to excel at what they do. If you would like to contribute to our team, we encourage you to apply.