Business Development Representative, Lead
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Saturday, January 20, 2024
The workplace has undergone a complete transformation. Historically, occupancy was consistent; everyone worked in-office five days per week. But post-pandemic, occupancy is inconsistent, unpredictable, and dynamic, as work has become more flexible than ever before. To make decisions with confidence, workplace, CRE, and facilities management leaders need a true understanding of how and when their spaces are used.
VergeSense is the company behind the world’s first and only Occupancy Intelligence Platform. Over 200 companies across 45 countries and 100M sqft rely on occupancy intelligence to make confident, fact-based optimization decisions to improve employee experience and decrease costs. VergeSense customers use our platform, which is built on a foundation of the industry's most accurate occupancy sensors, to right-size their portfolio, validate space planning and designs, optimize cleaning operations, and ensure their teams can always find spaces to work.
VergeSense is forming our first EMEA Business Development Representative (BDR) Group. The early BDRs will be responsible for initiating the first phases of acquiring new customers. The BDR Lead role will be a player/coach BDR and spend ~60% of their time on prospecting (via phone, email, and social) into key/target/focus accounts, qualifying and garnering interest in VergeSense and setting meetings for the sales team, just like the other BDR team members. The other ~40% will be spent on coaching and motivating the BDR team, setting up campaigns, and outbound sequences, and managing the overall KPIs of the EMEA BDR team. You will also be the key liaison between the BDR team and Sales and Marketing Management. We envision this position as a path to greater roles within the company.
As an early team member, you are the first line of communication with prospects. It would help if you had a strong understanding of the sales process, excelling at researching leads, starting new relationships, and setting our Account Executives up for success. You should be a quick learner with strong communication skills (verbal and written), and have the ability to showcase our offerings compellingly.
We envision this position as a path to greater roles within the company.
What We're Looking For
•Fluency in English and Dutch or German
•This position follows our hybrid working strategy with 2-3 days of work in our Amsterdam office, where regional leadership is based as well
•Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of relevant work experience
•Some level of sales experience
Strong communication skills via phone and email
•Grit, thrives at outbound communication, not afraid to pick up the phone
•Proven creative problem-solving approach and strong analytical skills
•Strong desire and ability to move up within a sales organization
Team Leader Responsibilities
•Be a dotted-line leader for other BDRs
•Work closely with marketing to identify and improve the most important KPI’s for outbound pipeline creation, revenue generation, and campaign performance
•Work and build relationships cross-functionally with Sales, Marketing, Sales Enablement and Operations
•Onboard, train, and coach BDRs to develop sales skills and product knowledge, including email and social selling strategies, objection handling, etc.
•Be able to identify and make recommendations for improvement in the areas of process, efficiency, and productivity
•Forecast, report, track, and manage sales activities and results using Salesforce
•Provide daily, weekly, and monthly reporting on KPIs, lead pipeline, conversation of qualified opportunities, and overall effectiveness
•Aptitude to learn technical concepts
• Proficiency with Salesforce or other CRM software
• Proficiency with LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Zoominfo, SalesLoft, or other networking tools
• Prior experience as a sales development rep with a track record of achieving sales quota
•2+ years experience as a (Sr) sales development rep or team lead, and a track record of achieving sales quota
• A high-impact role in an emerging industry leader
• Competitive compensation and equity
• Employer-sponsored medical
• Dental and vision insurance (dependent on location)
• Open Vacation policy: take time off when you need it
We value people from all walks of life who exhibit kindness, curiosity, discipline, humility, and passion to excel at what they do. If you would like to contribute to our team, we encourage you to apply.