Account Executive - Federal
Sales & Business Development
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Saturday, September 9, 2023
WalkMe pioneered the Digital Adoption Platform (DAP) to empower business leaders to work towards the promise of technology in today's overwhelming digital world. Through WalkMe's guidance, engagement, insights, and automation, employees are more efficient, executives have better visibility into digital usage, and organizations maximize the full value of their digital assets to empower digital transformation.
As an Account Executive for the Federal team at WalkMe, you will report to our Director, Federal, and will develop relationships in the Government sector, Partners, Resellers and Systems Integrators. You will partner with our Sales Engineering, Account Management, and BDR teams. WalkMe Account Executives lead a consultative sales cycle, based on value selling across multiple departments within each client.
What You'll Own
- In your first 30 days, you will begin onboarding training to gain a proficient working knowledge of WalkMe's product, value proposition, use cases, and sales process
- Within the first 60 days, you will attend Sales Onboarding Boot Camp and Value-Selling training. You'll begin to manage your sales cycles. You will look for new logos and manage inbound leads
- Within your first quarter, you will start closing initial cycles based on your ramp quota
What You Need to Succeed
- 5-10 years of technology sales experience within Federal Government and FSI Community
- 5+ years of experience signing new business with Public Sector organizations and knowing how to grow that business
- Knowledge of the nuances of selling to SLED, public sector demand cycles and existing contract vehicles
- A curiosity for uncovering your customer needs and significant experience in “value selling”
- Selling platform-as-a-service and/or software-as-a-service at a category creating technology growth company supporting the Federal Government
- Achieving revenue targets >$1.5M per year for more than 3 years
- Designing and executing complex deal strategies with strategic partners (FSI, ISV, etc)
- Leading high-visibility customer events (conferences, product launches, trade shows, etc.)
- Gathering, distilling, and processing complex market (industry, competitor, customer, prospect) intelligence within the Federal Government ecosystem
- Reporting on customer success activities
- Knowledge of the nuances of selling in the US Federal Government, with a high level understanding of the FAR and Government procurement, contract mechanisms, etc
What You'll Love About Us!
- Comprehensive Health Care Coverage for Medical, Dental, and Vision for our Employees and Families, 401(k) with company matching program, Parental Leave programs, and a vacation policy to encourage a healthy work-life balance.
- WalkMe is a remote and hybrid work environment for those who chose to come to regional offices (vaccines required) with frequent in-person and virtual social activities to promote positive employee engagement
- WalkMe is recognized as a Star Performer in DAP for the 2nd year in a row!
- WalkMe helps international companies such as: IBM, LinkedIn, Walgreens, Microsoft, Adobe, Hershey's, Quest Diagnostics and more!
At WalkMe, we approach Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) with the same level of collaboration and innovation that we bring to the rest of our business. We believe in the value of diversity and are committed to ensuring an equitable and inclusive workplace where every employee has an equal opportunity to achieve success.
We've made this commitment not only because it's the right thing to do, but also because we know that having diverse perspectives, experiences and identities on our team helps us to better meet the diverse needs of our global clients. While we're not yet where we want to be, our goal is to create a workplace as fair and inclusive as our business is category defining. And at WalkMe, we achieve our goals.
Our job titles may span more than one career level. The starting base pay for this role is between $125,00 and $150,000. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, benefits, and RSUs as part of our competitive total rewards package.
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES:
WalkMe does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to WalkMe employees or any other company location. WalkMe is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with the Company for this specific role.