Software Engineer III
Problem Solvers. Proactive Protectors. Relentless Allies.
Ready to join us? Let's get started.
his position is responsible for enhancing and maintaining existing software products as well as developing new products. The ideal candidate has a strong desire for excellence, regularly takes initiative, works with minimal supervision, confidence in their expertise, collaborative team player and is a creative problem solver.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Design, develop, document, test, and debug new and existing software systems and/or applications for market sale or large-scale proprietary software for internal use.
- Design and implement major new features and functionality
- Identify and evaluate new technologies for implementation.
- Consult with end user to prototype, refine, test, and debug programs to meet needs.
- Work within R&D to improve processes and best practices
- Innovate process solutions and align best practices
- Monitor for and sometimes enforcement of standards
- Serve as technical expert on development projects.
- Participate in full development life cycle including requirements analysis and design.
- Write technical specifications based on conceptual design and stated business requirements.
- Diagnose and fix complex product defects within a project or supporting customers.
- Work with limited supervision on complex projects.
- Latitude for independent judgment.
- Assist and mentor less experienced team members.
- Actively participate in Agile ceremonies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ideally 6+ years of experience in modern software design and delivery, preferably a degree in Programming, Computer Science or related IT field.
- Solid experience developing in JAVA.
- Solid experience using Red Hat, specifically:
Networking – including the use of proxies and Wireshark analysis tools.
Tools – Cockpit, Package management, Bash Shell scripting, etc...
- Experience using Docker and other container technologies, experience using Postfix; Jenkins or other CI/CD tools.
- Knowledge of Python and C++.
- A very good working knowledge of Agile Project development.
- Assist as a project leader or as a subject matter expert, Assist/mentor other team members.
- Very high level of communication and presentation skills (verbal and written).
This is Fortra, the new face of HelpSystems, where we're making a difference by offering a best-in-class solutions portfolio, proactively adapting to the ever-evolving cybersecurity threat landscape, and putting people first. Fortra is a cybersecurity company like no other. We're known for our innovative software and services, world-class support, and the commitment and satisfaction of employees across the globe. Our approach is different, and we’re proud of that. For more information about what it's like to work for us, and learn about our culture, benefits, or perks, connect with us on LinkedIn.
We Are Fortra
Our people make us great. Our employees are a resilient and diverse group of global problem solvers, proactive protectors, and relentless allies, empowered to show up every day authentically, ready to fight the good fight with Fortra. Here at Fortra, we believe we're stronger when we're all stronger. That's why we're committed to supporting and empowering our employees through a host of offerings, including competitive benefits and salaries, personal and professional development opportunities, flexibility, and much more!
Visit our website to learn more about why employees choose to work for Fortra. Remember to check out our Glassdoor to learn what our employees are saying and connect with us on LinkedIn.
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status.