Technical Account Manager
Problem Solvers. Proactive Protectors. Relentless Allies.
Ready to join us? Let's get started.
The Technical Account Manager (TAM) will represent customer’s needs as an internal advocate across the Digital Guardian organization with the skills and knowledge to quickly address specific support requirements as well as be a proactive support resource for our enterprise customers. The TAM must have a deep understanding of their customer’s development and production environment, as well as their business challenges and objectives to provide escalation management and technical solutions to their designated accounts. The TAM will manage 3-4 strategic accounts by providing proactive management and guidance for all technical issues encountered with their enterprise software deployment, resulting in faster time to resolution. The TAM will engage to personalize their customer’s experience to assist success with their software implementation while building a strong mutual relationship with the customer. The TAM must apply a customer-centric approach towards assisting with the delivery of highly complex data security solutions, requiring close collaboration with customers, business teams, delivery engineers, product management, engineering and QA. The TAM will effectively become a virtual part of their customers’ teams by developing strategic and tactical relationships with contacts at the target accounts. This level of interaction will help reinforce the value Digital Guardian provides to the customer with regard to information security solutions centered on data protection. TAMs are required to fully document all cases, on-site visits, customer problem interactions, and customer environment details. The TAM role is priority based 24x7, this allows customers to have availability to resources that already understand their environment when critical issues arise (out of normal business hours issues should be limited through the relationship built within a TAM’s accounts).
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Provide proactive customer support and assist with complex and critical issues for our enterprise customers—of note, this role is a hands-on technology role.
- Maintain virtual customer environments and continually review and test those environments for compatibility issues.
- Work with QA team for product readiness to ensure customer use cases are considered in customer-like in-house testing.
- Communicate proactively with accounts regarding product and program information, supportability.
- Coordinate problem management activities and escalations in the best interest of customer deliverables and in line with strategic milestones.
- Track the progress of customer centric projects like beta programs and other strategic initiatives, and documents are customer interactions, while providing proactive customer communication such as status and trip reports.
- Act as a liaison between the customer and other Digital Guardian teams; including Technical Support, Sales, Engineering, Professional Services and the product teams as required over the lifecycle of the customer’s Digital Guardian implementation.
- Provide architectural reviews and product roadmap sessions with CTO at the customer’s site.
- Provide 24x7 priority based customer support.
- Accept incoming support requests through phone and web channels. Answer customer requests and handle them expeditiously and professionally. Proactively communicate and accurately set customer expectations.
- Recreate customer corporate enterprise environments (including operating systems, applications, networks, etc.) and customer use cases to reproduce issues and determine and test resolutions.
- Provide “hands-on” support using broad base of knowledge as an IT generalist or systems administrator.
- Troubleshoot application crashes, system crashes (BSOD) and application and system hangs as well as other issues which may arise.
- Mentor/coach other support engineers.
- Provide knowledge transfer and cross training to other departments within the organization.
- Previous experience in a Technical Support role working with Global 2000 customers, including technical knowledge of heterogeneous environments used by Enterprise Accounts.
- Deep technical understanding of security, architecture, implementations, technical support, development and software. Core functional components include risk management through forensics, classification, encryption, and discovery.
- Kernel level knowledge of Windows 10/11 and Windows Server Operating Systems required
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix/macOS is strongly preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server is strongly preferred
- Ability to debug and interpret events taking place on Windows, Linux and macOS technologies.
- Minimum three years with Microsoft Windows Server technology including SQL Server, SMS, MOM, IIS, etc., as well as deep knowledge of Windows OS.
- Experience with either macOS or Linux distributions: RHEL, SUSE, Ubuntu. Bash (or zsh) or other Unix shell.
- Knowledge of configuration management, using images, Symantec Ghost, VM Ware and software deployment tools like SMS, Altiris, and LANDesk.
- Demonstrated ability to complete multiple tasks concurrently and deliver results under pressure.
- Active Directory expertise in a large enterprise environment.
- Project Management skills, including written and verbal communication skills as well as the ability to present technical issues to a nontechnical audience.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, and a self-starter.
- Weekend, night, or off-shift availability may be required from time to time.
This is Fortra, the new face of HelpSystems, where we're making a difference by offering a best-in-class solutions portfolio, proactively adapting to the ever-evolving cybersecurity threat landscape, and putting people first. Fortra is a cybersecurity company like no other. We're known for our innovative software and services, world-class support, and the commitment and satisfaction of employees across the globe. Our approach is different, and we’re proud of that. For more information about what it's like to work for us, and learn about our culture, benefits, or perks, connect with us on LinkedIn.
We Are Fortra
Our people make us great. Our employees are a resilient and diverse group of global problem solvers, proactive protectors, and relentless allies, empowered to show up every day authentically, ready to fight the good fight with Fortra. Here at Fortra, we believe we're stronger when we're all stronger. That's why we're committed to supporting and empowering our employees through a host of offerings, including competitive benefits and salaries, personal and professional development opportunities, flexibility, and much more!
Visit our website to learn more about why employees choose to work for Fortra. Remember to check out our Glassdoor to learn what our employees are saying and connect with us on LinkedIn.
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status.