Technical Accounting and Reporting Manager
Problem Solvers. Proactive Protectors. Relentless Allies.
Ready to join us? Let's get started.
The Accounting Manager will be responsible for ensuring the accuracy, completeness, and compliance of financial reporting and accounting processes. This role requires an in-depth understanding of technical accounting principles, the ability to research and implement accounting standards, and the capacity to consolidate financial information within the organization. The Accounting Manager will collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to ensure timely and accurate reporting for internal and external stakeholders.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Stay current with the latest accounting standards and regulations (GAAP, IFRS, etc.) and assess their impact on the organization.
- Conduct in-depth technical accounting research and provide guidance on complex accounting issues.
- Collaborate with external auditors to address accounting-related queries and ensure compliance with audit requirements.
- Assist in the review of new and existing revenue contracts for compliance with ASC 606.
- Determine the accounting and reporting of significant and unique transactions as they arise.
- Financial Reporting
- Prepare and review quarterly and annual financial statements in accordance with GAAP/IFRS, ensuring accuracy, consistency, and compliance.
- Manage the disclosure process, including footnotes, MD&A, and other supplementary materials for external reporting.
- Financial Consolidation
- Account for mergers and acquisitions, including the valuation of assets acquired and liabilities assumed, required disclosures, pro forma requirements, and accounting policy harmonization.
- Oversee the consolidation of financial data from multiple business units or subsidiaries.
- Develop and maintain consolidation procedures, methodologies, and templates.
- Continuously identify opportunities to streamline and improve financial reporting and consolidation processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field is required
- 5+ years of progressive experience in technical accounting and reporting
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification is required
- 3+ years in public accounting preferred
- Demonstrated ability to perform technical accounting research, write effective position papers, and communicate appropriate accounting treatment
- Extensive knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS
- Experience implementing best practices that require significant innovation for improving processes by applying advanced understanding of complex functional/technical and business issues and challenges
- Excellent attention to detail, accuracy, and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and well as part of a larger team
This is Fortra, the new face of HelpSystems, where we're making a difference by offering a best-in-class solutions portfolio, proactively adapting to the ever-evolving cybersecurity threat landscape, and putting people first. Fortra is a cybersecurity company like no other. We're known for our innovative software and services, world-class support, and the commitment and satisfaction of employees across the globe. Our approach is different, and we’re proud of that. For more information about what it's like to work for us, and learn about our culture, benefits, or perks, connect with us on LinkedIn.
We Are Fortra
Our people make us great. Our employees are a resilient and diverse group of global problem solvers, proactive protectors, and relentless allies, empowered to show up every day authentically, ready to fight the good fight with Fortra. Here at Fortra, we believe we're stronger when we're all stronger. That's why we're committed to supporting and empowering our employees through a host of offerings, including competitive benefits and salaries, personal and professional development opportunities, flexibility, and much more!
Visit our website to learn more about why employees choose to work for Fortra. Remember to check out our Glassdoor to learn what our employees are saying and connect with us on LinkedIn.
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status.