CloudOps Engineer II
Problem Solvers. Proactive Protectors. Relentless Allies.
Ready to join us? Let's get started.
Engineers in this role are responsible for developing processes and applications to deploy, scale, monitor and maintain well architected cloud infrastructure solutions as we establish a significant presence within the SaaS business market. The ideal candidate has a strong desire for excellence, with confidence in their expertise while developing and maintaining in-depth knowledge of product deployment technology and assist product teams to host their products in the HelpSystems managed cloud environment.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Design and implement assigned User Stories.
- Diagnose and fix product defects within a project or while supporting customers.
- Basic knowledge for assigned HelpSystems product(s) or working toward obtaining basic knowledge of assigned product(s).
- Ability and self-discipline to use self-training tools (e.g., LinkedIn Learning).
- Be able to start writing less complex technical specifications based on conceptual design and stated business requirements.
- Perform testing of features and defect fixes performed by other developers.
- Follow and help refine our development best practices and standards.
- Help identify, prioritize, and execute tasks to meet project deadlines.
- Comply with standards, version controls, and product release procedures.
- Work with technical writers to ensure product documentation on new features and changes are properly documented.
- Work under minimal supervision on various projects.
- Some latitude for independent judgement.
- Assist or mentor other less experienced team members.
- Actively participate in Agile ceremonies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience is required
- Manages code using source code control and experienced with branching, tagging, and merging techniques
- Experienced with implementation alternatives based on a variety of criteria including time-to-market, cost, maintainability, scalability, security, reusability, etc., as appropriate
- Experienced with design patterns. Identifies anti-patterns and works to have them appropriately refactored
- Familiar with relevant front-end frameworks (e.g. Symfony, React-Redux, Angular, Bootstrap)
- Skilled with relevant programming languages (Go, Java, C++, C#, Python, PHP, Ruby, Perl, etc.)
- Skilled with relational databases and performing DDL and DML functions via SQL
- Skilled with database design, query analysis and optimization, and performance tuning
- Skilled with NoSQL databases and in-memory caches
- Experienced with open-source libraries and acceptable licenses
- Experience debugging logical, syntactical, and run-time issues occurring during development
- Proficient in troubleshooting run-time application issues in an environment with limited access (logs, monitoring, etc.)
- Proficient with implementation of appropriate application logging for security and auditing
- Proficiently identifies and remediates application code, frameworks, language, and/or operating system vulnerabilities
- Experienced with web service APIs and synchronous/asynchronous programming models. (SOAP, REST, JSON, XML, XSD/DTD, WSDL, etc.)
- Skilled with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) pipelines
- Identifies and resolves performance issues both pre and post implementation of a change
- Identifies and resolves data integrity issues both pre and post implementation of a change
- Skilled with relevant operating systems (Linux/UNIX, Windows, Mac, etc.)
- Skilled with advanced pattern matching and rules processing (RegEx, Yara, BPMN, etc.)
- Expertly works within the company's data center architecture and hosting provider's services (AWS, SoftLayer, OVH, etc.)
- Skilled with virtualized environments, containerization, and auto-scaling (Vagrant, Docker, Kubernetes, CloudFormation)
- Thorough understanding of TCP/IP networking and application protocols (DNS, FTP, HTTP, LDAP, SMTP, etc.)
- Familiar with configuration management tooling (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt, etc.)
This is Fortra, where we're making a difference by offering a best-in-class solutions portfolio, proactively adapting to the ever-evolving cybersecurity threat landscape, and putting people first. Fortra is a cybersecurity company like no other. We're known for our innovative software and services, world-class support, and the commitment and satisfaction of employees across the globe. Our approach is different, and we’re proud of that. For more information about what it's like to work for us, and learn about our culture, benefits, or perks, connect with us on LinkedIn.
We Are Fortra
Our people make us great. Our employees are a resilient and diverse group of global problem solvers, proactive protectors, and relentless allies, empowered to show up every day authentically, ready to fight the good fight with Fortra. Here at Fortra, we believe we're stronger when we're all stronger. That's why we're committed to supporting and empowering our employees through a host of offerings, including competitive benefits and salaries, personal and professional development opportunities, flexibility, and much more!
Visit our website to learn more about why employees choose to work for Fortra. Remember to check out our Glassdoor to learn what our employees are saying and connect with us on LinkedIn.
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status.