Team Lead, Technical Account Manager
Problem Solvers. Proactive Protectors. Relentless Allies.
Ready to join us? Let's get started.
The Technical Account Manager Team Lead is a key leadership role within the Support department at Fortra. This position combines the responsibilities of a Technical Account Manager (TAM) with leadership and mentorship duties. The individual in this role will oversee a team of Technical Account Managers and play a pivotal role in ensuring exceptional support and technical assistance to enterprise customers. The Team Lead will lead by example, providing hands-on technical expertise while guiding the team in proactive customer support, virtual environment maintenance, and collaboration across departments. This role involves acting as a liaison between customers and internal teams, resolving complex issues, providing architectural guidance, and contributing to knowledge transfer within the organization.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Act as a mentor for the Technical Account Managers, providing guidance and support.
- Lead by example, demonstrating hands-on technical expertise as well as effective leadership skills.
- Provide proactive customer support and assist the team with complex and critical issues for enterprise customers.
- Maintain virtual customer environments and review/test for compatibility issues.
- Collaborate with internal teams, including Technical Support, Sales, Engineering, and Professional Services.
- Communicate proactively with accounts regarding product and program information, supportability.
- Coordinate problem management activities and escalations in the best interest of customer deliverables.
- Track the progress of customer-centric projects and strategic initiatives, providing proactive communication.
- Provide architectural reviews and product roadmap sessions with customers.
- Mentor and coach Technical Account Managers within the team.
- Provide knowledge transfer and cross-training to other departments within the organization.
- Act as the primary point of contact for key customer accounts.
- Ensure customer needs are met in a timely manner, maintaining the highest level of customer satisfaction.
- Other duties as assigned
- A four-year degree is preferred.
- Previous software support experience as a Technical Account Manager.
- Ability to work successfully with customers to provide problem resolution.
- Strong telephone etiquette.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- Expert product knowledge.
- Collaborator and ability to work within a team setting.
- Ability to document problem resolution and other materials.
- Communication & Working Relationships.
- Decision Making. Job, Technical, and Product Knowledge.
- Personal Accountability & Adaptability.
- Customer Focus.
This is Fortra, where we're making a difference by offering a best-in-class solutions portfolio, proactively adapting to the ever-evolving cybersecurity threat landscape, and putting people first. Fortra is a cybersecurity company like no other. We're known for our innovative software and services, world-class support, and the commitment and satisfaction of employees across the globe. Our approach is different, and we’re proud of that. For more information about what it's like to work for us, and learn about our culture, benefits, or perks, connect with us on LinkedIn.
We Are Fortra
Our people make us great. Our employees are a resilient and diverse group of global problem solvers, proactive protectors, and relentless allies, empowered to show up every day authentically, ready to fight the good fight with Fortra. Here at Fortra, we believe we're stronger when we're all stronger. That's why we're committed to supporting and empowering our employees through a host of offerings, including competitive benefits and salaries, personal and professional development opportunities, flexibility, and much more!
Visit our website to learn more about why employees choose to work for Fortra. Remember to check out our Glassdoor to learn what our employees are saying and connect with us on LinkedIn.
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status.