Public Relations Manager
Problem Solvers. Proactive Protectors. Relentless Allies.
Ready to join us? Let's get started.
The Public Relations Manager is responsible for enabling Fortra to participate in industry conversations via media, promoting and maintaining Fortra’s positive reputation in cybersecurity. As Forta’s Public Relations Manager, you will work with internal experts, agencies, and media to increase awareness of Fortra’s role in cybersecurity.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Develop, execute, and measure Fortra’s media relations strategy.
- Manage communication involving news releases, thought leadership content, speaking opportunities, spokesperson support/coaching, and other support with to increase market awareness of Fortra’s role in cybersecurity.
- Work with industry and product experts to develop an understanding of trends affecting our customers and make recommendations on our communication strategy.
- Work closely with our marketing team, the PR & AR team, experts, and executives to create and implement effective publicity strategies and campaigns.
- Develop an understanding of our market and customer needs to align outbound communication/PR strategies with brand strategy.
- Report on and analyze results of PR campaigns and media engagement.
- Research and coordinate submissions for industry/publication awards.
- Leverage (organic) social media to engage audiences and share thought leadership content. Work with wider marketing team and cross-functional stakeholders to manage sensitive issues that may impact company’s reputation.
- Address inquiries from the media and other parties promptly
Brand Consistency & Voice
- Develop and manage talking points and presentations for public speaking/interview engagements.
- Provide guidance to executives and subject matter experts (SMEs) on media interviews and external messages.
- Work with wider marketing team and cross-functional stakeholders to plan and develop supporting content, ensuring all content and messaging is on brand.
Relationship Management & Leadership
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with media, publications, and influential professionals.
- Develop excellent working relationships with senior-level stakeholders and SMEs.
- Manage team of employee(s) to execute on media/communications strategy.
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, marketing, or related field
- Three to five years of related experience
- Strong editing/writing skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
This is Fortra, where we're making a difference by offering a best-in-class solutions portfolio, proactively adapting to the ever-evolving cybersecurity threat landscape, and putting people first. Fortra is a cybersecurity company like no other. We're known for our innovative software and services, world-class support, and the commitment and satisfaction of employees across the globe. Our approach is different, and we’re proud of that. For more information about what it's like to work for us, and learn about our culture, benefits, or perks, connect with us on LinkedIn.
We Are Fortra
Our people make us great. Our employees are a resilient and diverse group of global problem solvers, proactive protectors, and relentless allies, empowered to show up every day authentically, ready to fight the good fight with Fortra. Here at Fortra, we believe we're stronger when we're all stronger. That's why we're committed to supporting and empowering our employees through a host of offerings, including competitive benefits and salaries, personal and professional development opportunities, flexibility, and much more!
Visit our website to learn more about why employees choose to work for Fortra. Remember to check out our Glassdoor to learn what our employees are saying and connect with us on LinkedIn.
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status.