Sr Escalation Engineer
Problem Solvers. Proactive Protectors. Relentless Allies.
Ready to join us? Let's get started.
The Sr Escalation Engineer is the escalation point for our Development Organization. Technical issues that cannot be resolved by support staff are escalated to the Escalation Engineers. Successful candidates are capable of troubleshooting and resolving the most difficult and complicated issues using deep product knowledge as well as system administration and database skills. This position works closely with Technical Support, Field Engineering, Product Management and Product Development.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- The escalation point for technical issues being escalated from the Technical Support Engineers
- Responsible for reproducing/confirming product defects and reporting such defects to the Development team
- Responsible for escalating technical issues to Engineering, Product Development and Software Development teams
- Working with the TSE and the customer on phone and remote sessions to troubleshoot/resolve issues
- Work continuously to increase Level 2 & 3 TSE’s product knowledge by reviewing escalated cases on a frequent basis
- Ensure customer and partner inquiries are responded to within established time-frames and technical support service levels are achieved
- Responsible for having at least weekly communications/meetings with Technical Support and Development team to communicate status of outstanding escalations and progress
- Work with Product Management and Development teams to enhance the product to increase supportability and reduce customer issues.
- Assist in reviewing defect backlogs and helping to prioritize work with Product Management and Development teams
- Working with Development teams to create product fixes and workarounds for issues to get customers unstuck and resolved.
- The ideal candidate will have a degree in Computer Science, or a minimum 5 years’ experience in providing call center technical support on enterprise products, ideally with a background in security.
- Must have in-depth knowledge of at least one Operating System environment and familiarity with Windows and Linux.
- Must have an understanding of networking and tools that can be used for network troubleshooting.
- Must be able to read and understand source code.
- Must have experience authoring scripts.
- Ability to logically troubleshoot software issues to determine the root cause and present suggested workaround and solutions.
- Ability to demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving skills. Methodically resolve the most difficult and complex production issues reported by customers and partners.
- Excellent written communication and verbal skills, as well as strong listening skills.
- Possesses strong customer service skills.
- Ability to work with all levels of technical abilities.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and multi-task complex issues.
- Perform in an effective and timely manner all the tasks required.
This is Fortra, where we're making a difference by offering a best-in-class solutions portfolio, proactively adapting to the ever-evolving cybersecurity threat landscape, and putting people first. Fortra is a cybersecurity company like no other. We're known for our innovative software and services, world-class support, and the commitment and satisfaction of employees across the globe. Our approach is different, and we’re proud of that. For more information about what it's like to work for us, and learn about our culture, benefits, or perks, connect with us on LinkedIn.
We Are Fortra
Our people make us great. Our employees are a resilient and diverse group of global problem solvers, proactive protectors, and relentless allies, empowered to show up every day authentically, ready to fight the good fight with Fortra. Here at Fortra, we believe we're stronger when we're all stronger. That's why we're committed to supporting and empowering our employees through a host of offerings, including competitive benefits and salaries, personal and professional development opportunities, flexibility, and much more!
Visit our website to learn more about why employees choose to work for Fortra. Remember to check out our Glassdoor to learn what our employees are saying and connect with us on LinkedIn.
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status.