Lead Software Engineer
AppOmni seeks a talented Lead Software Engineer to join our rapidly growing engineering team.
As a Lead Software Engineer on the Core Engineering team, you will contribute directly to major components of AppOmni’s SaaS Security Posture Management (SSPM) platform. In collaboration with technical leadership, you will be responsible for the design and development of significant areas of the codebase that support security monitoring and management of SaaS platforms and remediation workflows to support customers in improving their security posture.
This position in a rapidly growing security engineering company is an opportunity to take ownership of significant engineering decisions and implementation of technology that will improve the security of not only enterprise SaaS deployments but their customers and end-users as well.
Your work will directly and meaningfully impact securing our customers and their data - which may include your data! These are challenging engineering problems in an exciting part of the security industry without defined solutions. Successful candidates will have a history of solid problem-solving skills, the ability to think creatively, and top-notch engineering skills.
- Excellent technical and non-technical communication skills
- A quality-oriented approach to building and testing applications, including strong unit testing capabilities. Our engineers are expected to test their own code!
- At least seven years of hands-on experience with Python 3 and Django
- 3+ years of hands-on experience working with Looker and PostGres SQL
- 10+ years of software engineering experience including object-oriented design, data structure design, and work on abstracted codebases
- An interest in data, security, and data security
- A knack for designing elegant solutions to complex problems requiring piecing together data from various sources
- Ability to work with and integrate external APIs
- Experience leading and mentoring teams is a huge plus
You might also have
- Experience with Django Rest Framework (DRF)
- Experience with Kubernetes, GKE, and Postgres
- Experience deploying and maintaining production applications in IaaS platforms
- Prior Application, Product, or Enterprise Security experience
- Experience writing integrations and/or connected apps for one or more of the following SaaS platforms:
- Microsoft365, ServiceNow, Workday, Atlassian
Technology you'll work with
- Django Rest Framework
- Google Cloud Platform + Google Kubernetes Engine
A flexible, remote-first company with a team of talented individuals who love answering questions, guided by a high bar for quality and commitment to self-improvement and personal growth. An open mind for new ideas and methodologies, offering. Competitive salary and benefit options and opportunities and support for massive career growth.
We believe in cultivating excellence - within ourselves and in the work that we do. Our team of customer-centric, data-driven experts is brought together by the shared passion to create tools for the greater good. Our tribe is determined to make a difference, to positively impact our way of life by securing the technology that is changing the world.
We believe in being a trusted and transparent partner to our customers. We are fervent about providing them with high-quality, usable, and dependable software focused on the human experience, built out of a culture of competition and a deep understanding of their needs and goals.
We value our people and know that wellness and a healthy work/life balance enable you to thrive and bring us your best. An autonomous schedule, flexible commute, and freedom from punching a clock mean you are empowered to enjoy life, work when inspired, and be available when needed.
AppOmni is a leading provider of SaaS Security Management software. The company was founded by a team of security veterans from top SaaS providers and cybersecurity vendors, and its customer base includes global leaders across technology, healthcare, banking, and finance, as well as many of the most well-known cybersecurity providers.
AppOmni's patented technology scans APIs, security controls, and configuration settings to compare the current state of enterprise SaaS deployments against best practices and business intent. The solution offers fast deployment and instant visibility and makes it easy for security and IT teams to secure their entire SaaS environment from each vendor to every end user. As SaaS applications evolve, AppOmni stays current with all updates and releases to keep customer environments secure.
AppOmni is an equal-opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.