Senior FP&A Analyst - G&A
Do the best work of your career, helping businesses change the way they manage finances.
BILL is a leader in financial automation software for small and midsize businesses (SMBs). As a champion of SMBs, we are dedicated to automating the future of finance so businesses can thrive. Hundreds of thousands of businesses trust BILL solutions to manage financial workflows, including payables, receivables, and spend and expense management. With BILL, businesses are connected to a network of millions of members, so they can pay or get paid faster. Through our automated solutions, we help SMBs simplify and control their finances, so they can confidently manage their businesses, and succeed on their terms.
BILL is a trusted partner of leading U.S. financial institutions, accounting firms, and accounting software providers. We have operations in San Jose, CA, Draper, UT, Houston, TX and Sydney, AUS and are continuing to expand into other geographic locations. If you’re looking for a place that helps you do the best work of your career, look no further than BILL.
This position is based in San Jose. We support a hybrid work environment with on-site and remote work days.
Make your impact within a rapidly growing Fintech Company
This role will report to the Senior Manager, Corporate Finance and will be a key partner to our G&A leaders within the company. You will develop strong and trusted partnerships with business partners and provide accurate and timely reporting, analysis and insights.
List of Responsibilities/Duties:
- Own the G&A organization budgeting and planning process including headcount and operating expenses
- Serve as a trusted partner to senior leaders by articulating, reviewing, and analyzing financial forecasts, and executing financial planning needs
- Prepare, enhance and distribute monthly detailed Budget versus Actual analysis and identify opportunities for efficiency and scalability
- Research and analyze all expense activity, gaining an understanding of primary drivers of operating expenses, as well as fully understanding any variances against Plan
- Drive efficiency into the development of monthly financial analysis and presentations as part of the Board of Directors and Audit Committee financial package
- Assist in accounting processes related to close; work closely with Corporate Finance and Accounting to accrue, forecast and track activities for internal functions and external vendors as part of period close process
- Perform various ad hoc analysis for finance and leadership
- All other duties as assigned
We’d love to chat if you have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, MBA preferred
- 5+ years of experience in FP&A, with at least 2 years of audit/accounting experience
- Able and willing to come into SJ HQ as needed (1-2x per week)
- Prior experience supporting People Ops team preferred
- Excellent financial modeling and analysis skills
- Advanced Excel/GSheets and PowerPoint/GSlides skills are required
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to build constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of business partners, inclusive of senior members of management
- Experience with a cloud forecasting tool, Adaptive Insights experience is a big plus
- Experience with Netsuite and Netsuite reporting
- Prior experience in a high-growth global high tech/software/SaaS organization is a plus
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a deadline-driven environment while maintaining a high level of precision and accuracy
- Ability to work independently and think objectively
Let’s talk about benefits
- 100% paid health, dental, and vision plans (choose HMO, PPO, or HDHP)
- HSA & FSA accounts
- Life Insurance, Long & Short-term disability coverage
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 11+ Observed holidays and wellness days and flexible time off
- Employee Stock Purchase Program with employee discounts
- Wellness & Fitness initiatives
- Employee recognition and referral programs
- And much more
This role is based in California.
The estimated base salary range for this role is noted below for our office location in San Jose, CA. Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in BILL’s bonus and equity plan. Our ranges for each role and job level are based on a variety of factors including candidate experience, expertise, and geographic location and may vary from the amounts listed above. The role is also eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, flexible spending & health savings account, paid holidays, paid time off, and other company benefits.
For positions that are in office we support a hybrid work environment with on-site and remote work days. Check out our LinkedIn Life Page for each location and Discover BILL.
We live our culture and values every day
At BILL, we’re different by design—it's our culture. Our CEO is a trusted entrepreneur who lives our cultural values: Humble, Authentic, Passionate, Accountable, and Fun. People here love being their authentic selves, contributing unique experiences, sharing ideas, perspectives, and intellectual curiosity. We celebrate our diversity as the heart and soul of how we work, grow, and succeed together. Inspiring people with meaningful career experiences they love really does make the dream work and our successes just keep getting better. There’s no limit to what we can build and where we can go from here. We’d love you to join us.
BILL is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer where everyone is welcome. Our innovation and technology are inspired by an inclusive culture unlike any other. Everyone brings a different personal story and perspective and this diverse mix of minds, backgrounds, and experiences is where our greatest ideas come from. We welcome people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, abilities, genders, and sexual orientations to make us an even more vibrant company. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves here, to share our values, shape our vision, drive innovation, and become part of a culture we celebrate every day.
- Humble - We check our egos at the door. We are curious. We listen, accept feedback.
- Authentic - We earn and show trust by being real—embracing our authentic selves.
- Passionate - We care deeply about each other and our customers.
- Accountable - We are duty-bound to each other, our customers, and society.
- Fun - We wrap it all together by building connections and enjoying time spent together.
Our Applicant Privacy Notice describes how BILL treats the personal information it receives from applicants