Senior Brand Strategist
Being a Champion for SMBs is good for business. And a career defining opportunity for you
BILL is a leader in financial automation software for small and midsize businesses (SMBs). As a champion of SMBs, we are dedicated to automating the future of finance so businesses can thrive. Hundreds of thousands of businesses trust BILL solutions to manage financial workflows, including payables, receivables, and spend and expense management. With BILL, businesses are connected to a network of millions of members, so they can pay or get paid faster. Through our automated solutions, we help SMBs simplify and control their finances, so they can confidently manage their businesses, and succeed on their terms.
BILL is a trusted partner of leading U.S. financial institutions, accounting firms, and accounting software providers. We have operations in San Jose, CA, Draper, UT, Houston, TX and Sydney, AUS and are continuing to expand into other geographic locations. If you’re looking for a place that helps you do the best work of your career, look no further than BILL.
This position is based in San Jose.
Make your impact within a rapidly growing Fintech Company
The newly formed brand team at BILL is on a mission to take the brand to the next level of growth. If you’re a strategic thinker and an active doer that can push programs to sprout and excel within change, then this might be your gig.
We are seeking a Senior Brand Marketing Manager to help the team expand its impact. Some of the many things you will do in this role - product naming, acquisition branding and integrations, driving consistency of application of our brand, etc. This is a new team and the opportunities to have impact are boundless. You will report to the Senior Director of Brand Marketing.
If you have a passion for building iconic brands and are a strategic thinker and problem solver who is adept at working cross functionally to deliver strong team results, we’d love to hear from you!
- Lead the development of product/feature/initiative names, working closely with product marketing, product, engineering, marketing, customer experience, research and legal.
- Lead naming brainstorms with cross-functional teams
- Conduct qualitative or quantitative research with customers and prospects as necessary
- Analyze SEO, peer review sites, competitive to understand the strongest approach.
- Partner with cross functional teams to execute new branding for acquisitions and brand sunsets across the organization.
- Drive research with customers and prospects as necessary in partnership with our research lead
- Align with cross functional leads on timing, business impact and prioritization of tasks to get to launch
- Assist in the production of marketing assets including writing creative briefs. Work with the creative team to ensure on-time delivery of assets.
- Communicate with stakeholders across the organization to ensure broad internal awareness of plans and launch timelines.
- Work with legal to ensure our brand trademarks are up-to-date and we are protected on a global level
- Partner with international counterparts to ensure the way we bring BILL to market makes sense in the light of cultural differences
- Collaborate closely with partners throughout the organization on ad hoc initiatives that affect perceptions of our brand and that contribute to our ability to scale the brand.
- Work with teams across the organization to ensure our brand is being applied consistently across our owned and non-owned experiences; identify areas where we have gaps/inconsistencies and quickly drive to solutions to address those gaps
- Partner with our creative team on brand identity initiatives
We’d love to chat if you have:
- 10+ years of experience in brand management and strategy
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent professional experience
- Experience leading naming initiatives either within an agency or in-house
- Experience working in-house on brand sunsets and brand acquisitions
- Experience working for a brand that is expanding its product portfolio
- Experience working at a brand strategy agency and ideally in-house within a brand team
- Experience working in highly-cross functional organizations, collaborating with creative, research, measurement and marketing counterparts, where influence as well as direct responsibility matter in equal measure
- Skilled at taking charge of a problem/situation and creating order
- Can think strategically, but also handle details with accuracy
- Flexible, resourceful and adaptable to change
- Demonstrated ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects in parallel
Let’s talk about benefits
- 100% paid employee health, dental, and vision plans (choose HMO, PPO, or HDHP)
- HSA & FSA accounts
- Life Insurance, Long & Short-term disability coverage
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 11+ Observed holidays and wellness days and flexible time off
- Employee Stock Purchase Program with employee discounts
- Wellness & Fitness initiatives
- Employee recognition and referral programs
- And much more
This role is based in California.
The estimated base salary range for this role is noted below for our office location in San Jose, CA. Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in BILL’s bonus and equity plan. Our ranges for each role and job level are based on a variety of factors including candidate experience, expertise, and geographic location and may vary from the amounts listed above. The role is also eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, flexible spending & health savings account, paid holidays, paid time off, and other company benefits.
For positions that are in office we support a hybrid work environment with on-site and remote work days. Check out our LinkedIn Life Page for each location and Discover BILL.
We live our culture and values every day
At BILL, we’re different by design—it's our culture. Our CEO is a trusted entrepreneur who lives our cultural values: Humble, Authentic, Passionate, Accountable, and Fun. People here love being their authentic selves, contributing unique experiences, sharing ideas, perspectives, and intellectual curiosity. We celebrate our diversity as the heart and soul of how we work, grow, and succeed together. Inspiring people with meaningful career experiences they love really does make the dream work and our successes just keep getting better. There’s no limit to what we can build and where we can go from here. We’d love you to join us.
BILL is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer where everyone is welcome. Our innovation and technology are inspired by an inclusive culture unlike any other. Everyone brings a different personal story and perspective and this diverse mix of minds, backgrounds, and experiences is where our greatest ideas come from. We welcome people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, abilities, genders, and sexual orientations to make us an even more vibrant company. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves here, to share our values, shape our vision, drive innovation, and become part of a culture we celebrate every day.
- Humble - We check our egos at the door. We are curious. We listen, accept feedback.
- Authentic - We earn and show trust by being real—embracing our authentic selves.
- Passionate - We care deeply about each other and our customers.
- Accountable - We are duty-bound to each other, our customers, and society.
- Fun - We wrap it all together by building connections and enjoying time spent together.
Our Applicant Privacy Notice describes how BILL treats the personal information it receives from applicants