IT Product Manager
Do the best work of your career as a champion for small and mid-size businesses.
BILL is a leader in financial automation software for small and midsize businesses (SMBs). As a champion of SMBs, we are dedicated to automating the future of finance so businesses can thrive. Hundreds of thousands of businesses trust BILL solutions to manage financial workflows, including payables, receivables, and spend and expense management. With BILL, businesses are connected to a network of millions of members, so they can pay or get paid faster. Through our automated solutions, we help SMBs simplify and control their finances, so they can confidently manage their businesses, and succeed on their terms.
BILL is a trusted partner of leading U.S. financial institutions, accounting firms, and accounting software providers. We have operations in San Jose, CA, Draper, UT, Houston, TX and Sydney, AUS and are continuing to expand into other geographic locations. If you’re looking for a place that helps you do the best work of your career, look no further than BILL.
Make your impact within a rapidly growing Fintech Company
The Digital Employee Experience Management team builds and supports technology and business processes to create delightful experiences for all our employees. It’s crucial that everything we offer and create are easy for people to use and “wow” our employees. We have a high-performance culture filled with people that refuse to take no for an answer. Our team prides itself in taking technical excellence to a whole new level and are intrinsically motivated to do some of our best work yet.
This role is not a traditional product management role; we are seeking an individual that will be able to make trade-off decisions between possible and desirable, and you have the technical sense to know if it is feasible or not. As an IT Product Manager, you are constantly partnering with key business partners such as Workplace Services and People Team to identify technology offerings that IT can deliver to add value to. Creating roadmaps, running executive steering committees, and delighting our business partners is something you are passionate about doing. It requires the ability to thrive in a highly technical and fast paced environment. Working alongside our developers, business partners, other product managers, scrum masters and leveraging your keen analytical skills you will deliver results for our most critical partners. If you identify with any of these types of challenges, we’d love to talk to you.
In this role, you will:
- Build Relationships: Manage relationships from all levels across Workplace Services and People Team.
- Program Management: Day to day management of complex delivery of multiple initiatives with various stakeholders
- Make it easy: Simplify employee experience by identifying opportunities where IT can best service
- Improve existing onboarding experience, driving to continually create the best possible Day 0+ experience
- Be a Trusted Advisor to leaders, managers, and individual contributors to help them deliver their best work every single day
- Be a curator of a frictionless employee experience processes and drive empathy for employees
We’d love to chat if you have:
- Experience working with various People Team related technologies in the past; understanding of emerging technologies a huge plus
- Demonstrated Product Management experience as well as ability to solve problems, no matter how challenging. Partner with technology teams, design and quickly implement solutions
- Demonstrated ability to provide meaningful data to lead decision making to deliver strategic roadmaps
- Excellent communication skills and ability to coach, influence, and partner with all levels of employees
- Jira, Artificial Intelligence, and Machine Learning experience a huge plus
- Strong technical aptitude, analytical, and troubleshoot
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; or equivalent training, education, and experience in information / cyber security, computer systems, IT, etc.
- 10 years experience
Let’s talk about benefits
- 100% paid health, dental, and vision plans (choose HMO, PPO, or HDHP)
- HSA & FSA accounts
- Life Insurance, Long & Short-term disability coverage
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 11+ Observed holidays and wellness days and flexible time off
- Employee Stock Purchase Program with employee discounts
- Wellness & Fitness initiatives
- Employee recognition and referral programs
- And much more
This role is based in California.
The estimated base salary range for this role is noted below for our office location in San Jose, CA. Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in BILL’s bonus and equity plan. Our ranges for each role and job level are based on a variety of factors including candidate experience, expertise, and geographic location and may vary from the amounts listed above. The role is also eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, flexible spending & health savings account, paid holidays, paid time off, and other company benefits.
For positions that are in office we support a hybrid work environment with on-site and remote work days. Check out our LinkedIn Life Page for each location and Discover BILL.
We live our culture and values every day
At BILL, we’re different by design—it's our culture. Our CEO is a trusted entrepreneur who lives our cultural values: Humble, Authentic, Passionate, Accountable, and Fun. People here love being their authentic selves, contributing unique experiences, sharing ideas, perspectives, and intellectual curiosity. We celebrate our diversity as the heart and soul of how we work, grow, and succeed together. Inspiring people with meaningful career experiences they love really does make the dream work and our successes just keep getting better. There’s no limit to what we can build and where we can go from here. We’d love you to join us.
BILL is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer where everyone is welcome. Our innovation and technology are inspired by an inclusive culture unlike any other. Everyone brings a different personal story and perspective and this diverse mix of minds, backgrounds, and experiences is where our greatest ideas come from. We welcome people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, abilities, genders, and sexual orientations to make us an even more vibrant company. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves here, to share our values, shape our vision, drive innovation, and become part of a culture we celebrate every day.
- Humble - We check our egos at the door. We are curious. We listen, accept feedback.
- Authentic - We earn and show trust by being real—embracing our authentic selves.
- Passionate - We care deeply about each other and our customers.
- Accountable - We are duty-bound to each other, our customers, and society.
- Fun - We wrap it all together by building connections and enjoying time spent together.
Our Applicant Privacy Notice describes how BILL treats the personal information it receives from applicants