Manager, Business Operations
Do the best work of your career as a champion for small and mid-size businesses.
BILL is a leader in financial automation software for small and midsize businesses (SMBs). As a champion of SMBs, we are dedicated to automating the future of finance so businesses can thrive. Hundreds of thousands of businesses trust BILL solutions to manage financial workflows, including payables, receivables, and spend and expense management. With BILL, businesses are connected to a network of millions of members, so they can pay or get paid faster. Through our automated solutions, we help SMBs simplify and control their finances, so they can confidently manage their businesses, and succeed on their terms.
BILL is a trusted partner of leading U.S. financial institutions, accounting firms, and accounting software providers. We have operations in San Jose, CA, Draper, UT, Houston, TX and Sydney, AUS and are continuing to expand into other geographic locations. If you’re looking for a place that helps you do the best work of your career, look no further than BILL.
This position is based at our San Jose office and is a hybrid in office role.
Make your impact within a rapidly growing Fintech Company
Position Description and Skills Required
- Build and maintain financial forecast models; [10%]
- Monitor user activity and product adoption metrics to inform and build financial revenue and KPI forecasting models.
- Perform analyses utilizing SQL on base of 200K+ users to understand key drivers of activity.
- Prepare weekly summary reports for executives outlining key trends and any updates to our forecast.
- Prepare research documents on competitive intelligence; [10%]
- Perform research on competitor strategy, understanding near-term goals and potential areas of differentiation and/or direct threats.
- Prepare documentation in tools such as Confluence to highlight key movements in the competitive landscape.
- Gather and analyze data, formulate and test hypotheses to drive improvements in product performance and customer conversion rates; [10% of time spent]
- Define opportunities to improve user experience, identifying opportunities for improvements and partnering with Product + Engineering to draft specifications and implement tests.
- Conduct experiments and perform statistical analyses on efforts to drive changes in user activity.
- Create business cases for new product and feature offerings, modeling expected impact and resource requirements; [10% of time spent]
- Conduct user research to identify areas of opportunity for new products & features utilizing a combination of surveying and analyses of internal data.
- Partner with Product to define scope of new offerings, and sizing revenue opportunity through analyses of user base and validating assumptions related to potential adoption.
- Drive operational improvements related to underwriting, risk strategy, and product adoption; [50%]
- Monitor KPIs related to risk and fraudulent use of products, identifying opportunities to reduce loss rates for Credit Card transactions associated with our Invoice2go Money offering.
- Own full cycle promotional strategy to drive adoption of new products, developing business case, informing budgeting proposals, and driving implementation.
- Perform analyses and recommendations as to how to continually optimize our promotional strategy for users, highlighting opportunities for improvement based on series of experiments and prior product launches.
- Create executive-facing dashboards to monitor key metrics, writing SQL queries and performing BI visualization to facilitate; [10% ]
- Write SQL scripts to structure large scale database into queries that yield clear insights around important KPIs associated with financial performance and user activity.
- Create reporting dashboards to monitor performance trends and articulate progress with executive audiences, utilizing Business Intelligence tools such as Quicksight and Tableau.
Let’s talk about benefits
- 100% paid employee health, dental, and vision plans (choose HMO, PPO, or HDHP)
- HSA & FSA accounts
- Life Insurance, Long & Short-term disability coverage
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 11+ Observed holidays and wellness days and flexible time off
- Employee Stock Purchase Program with employee discounts
- Wellness & Fitness initiatives
- Employee recognition and referral programs
- And much more
This role is based in California.
The estimated base salary range for this role is noted below for our office location in San Jose, CA. Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in BILL’s bonus and equity plan. Our ranges for each role and job level are based on a variety of factors including candidate experience, expertise, and geographic location and may vary from the amounts listed above. The role is also eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, flexible spending & health savings account, paid holidays, paid time off, and other company benefits.
For positions that are in office we support a hybrid work environment with on-site and remote work days. Check out our LinkedIn Life Page for each location and Discover BILL.
We live our culture and values every day
At BILL, we’re different by design—it's our culture. Our CEO is a trusted entrepreneur who lives our cultural values: Humble, Authentic, Passionate, Accountable, and Fun. People here love being their authentic selves, contributing unique experiences, sharing ideas, perspectives, and intellectual curiosity. We celebrate our diversity as the heart and soul of how we work, grow, and succeed together. Inspiring people with meaningful career experiences they love really does make the dream work and our successes just keep getting better. There’s no limit to what we can build and where we can go from here. We’d love you to join us.
BILL is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer where everyone is welcome. Our innovation and technology are inspired by an inclusive culture unlike any other. Everyone brings a different personal story and perspective and this diverse mix of minds, backgrounds, and experiences is where our greatest ideas come from. We welcome people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, abilities, genders, and sexual orientations to make us an even more vibrant company. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves here, to share our values, shape our vision, drive innovation, and become part of a culture we celebrate every day.
- Humble - We check our egos at the door. We are curious. We listen, accept feedback.
- Authentic - We earn and show trust by being real—embracing our authentic selves.
- Passionate - We care deeply about each other and our customers.
- Accountable - We are duty-bound to each other, our customers, and society.
- Fun - We wrap it all together by building connections and enjoying time spent together.
Our Applicant Privacy Notice describes how BILL treats the personal information it receives from applicants