Sr Manager Revenue Accounting
Building incomparably simple financial operations solutions supporting the heartbeat of our communities and nearly half of the U.S. GDP --- small and mid sized businesses.
BILL is a leader in financial automation software for small and midsize businesses (SMBs). As a champion of SMBs, we are dedicated to automating the future of finance so businesses can thrive. Hundreds of thousands of businesses trust BILL solutions to manage financial workflows, including payables, receivables, and spend and expense management. With BILL, businesses are connected to a network of millions of members, so they can pay or get paid faster. Through our automated solutions, we help SMBs simplify and control their finances, so they can confidently manage their businesses, and succeed on their terms.
BILL is a trusted partner of leading U.S. financial institutions, accounting firms, and accounting software providers. We have operations in San Jose, CA, Draper, UT, Houston, TX and Sydney, AUS and are continuing to expand into other geographic locations. If you’re looking for a place that helps you do the best work of your career, look no further than BILL.
This position is based in San Jose, CA.
Make your impact within a rapidly growing Fintech Company
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Senior Manager of Revenue Accounting to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of experience in top tier accounting firms and public companies, with a strong focus on ASC 606 and SaaS or Fintech industries. The role will assist in managing team members as well as assessing technical and operational accounting matters. This is a high visibility role within the accounting function and the individual will be a key contributor in our continued growth
List of Responsibilities/Duties:
- Manage the monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue recognition process, ensuring compliance with ASC 606 and US GAAP.
- Evaluate the impact of accounting issues that arise during new product introduction and collaborate with cross-functional teams such as sales, legal, and operations to support revenue recognition decisions.
- Act as a technical accounting resource for the company by researching, resolving and documenting conclusions. Stay current on new revenue recognition guidance and assess the impact to the company
- Manage the monthly accounting close process for certain key revenue streams
- Participate in the accounting integration of acquisitions
- Implement best practices in relations to quote-to-cash process to enhance reporting needs while maintaining integrity and accuracy of underlying accounting records
- Participate in developing and maintaining strong internal controls, ensuring quality controls over revenue transactions and reporting.
- Help prepare data and other support information requests as needed for audits and reviews conducted by external auditors
- Manage a team of individual contributors, including mentoring and providing a clear career plan to further develop their technical and operational skills
We’d love to chat if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance
- Active CPA
- 5+ years of accounting experience including four years experience with top tier accounting firms
- Minimum 2 years people management experience
- Strong understanding of ASC 606 and US GAAP
- Financial Services or FinTech experience (preferred)
- Experience in reviewing and analyzing SaaS and Professional Services contracts to identify revenue-related issues for resolution and proper accounting treatment
- Assisted in the accounting integration of acquisitions (preferred)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
Let’s talk about benefits
- 100% paid employee health, dental, and vision plans (choose HMO, PPO, or HDHP)
- HSA & FSA accounts
- Life Insurance, Long & Short-term disability coverage
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 11+ Observed holidays and wellness days and flexible time off
- Employee Stock Purchase Program with employee discounts
- Wellness & Fitness initiatives
- Employee recognition and referral programs
- And much more
This role is based in California.
The estimated base salary range for this role is noted below for our office location in San Jose, CA. Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in BILL’s bonus and equity plan. Our ranges for each role and job level are based on a variety of factors including candidate experience, expertise, and geographic location and may vary from the amounts listed above. The role is also eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, flexible spending & health savings account, paid holidays, paid time off, and other company benefits.
For positions that are in office we support a hybrid work environment with on-site and remote work days. Check out our LinkedIn Life Page for each location and Discover BILL.
We live our culture and values every day
At BILL, we’re different by design—it's our culture. Our CEO is a trusted entrepreneur who lives our cultural values: Humble, Authentic, Passionate, Accountable, and Fun. People here love being their authentic selves, contributing unique experiences, sharing ideas, perspectives, and intellectual curiosity. We celebrate our diversity as the heart and soul of how we work, grow, and succeed together. Inspiring people with meaningful career experiences they love really does make the dream work and our successes just keep getting better. There’s no limit to what we can build and where we can go from here. We’d love you to join us.
BILL is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer where everyone is welcome. Our innovation and technology are inspired by an inclusive culture unlike any other. Everyone brings a different personal story and perspective and this diverse mix of minds, backgrounds, and experiences is where our greatest ideas come from. We welcome people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, abilities, genders, and sexual orientations to make us an even more vibrant company. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves here, to share our values, shape our vision, drive innovation, and become part of a culture we celebrate every day.
- Humble - We check our egos at the door. We are curious. We listen, accept feedback.
- Authentic - We earn and show trust by being real—embracing our authentic selves.
- Passionate - We care deeply about each other and our customers.
- Accountable - We are duty-bound to each other, our customers, and society.
- Fun - We wrap it all together by building connections and enjoying time spent together.
Our Applicant Privacy Notice describes how BILL treats the personal information it receives from applicants