Staff iOS Engineer
Do the best work of your career as a champion for small and mid-size businesses.
BILL is a leader in financial automation software for small and midsize businesses (SMBs). As a champion of SMBs, we are dedicated to automating the future of finance so businesses can thrive. Hundreds of thousands of businesses trust BILL solutions to manage financial workflows, including payables, receivables, and spend and expense management. With BILL, businesses are connected to a network of millions of members, so they can pay or get paid faster. Through our automated solutions, we help SMBs simplify and control their finances, so they can confidently manage their businesses, and succeed on their terms.
BILL is a trusted partner of leading U.S. financial institutions, accounting firms, and accounting software providers. We have operations in San Jose, CA, Draper, UT, Houston, TX and are continuing to expand into other geographic locations. If you’re looking for a place that helps you do the best work of your career, look no further than BILL.
Make your impact within a rapidly growing Fintech Company
If you are passionate about building the best mobile app experience, join us at BILL! We are looking for an architecturally sound mobile engineer to lead our next generation iOS applications. You should have a strong understanding of modern mobile architecture, test driven development and an appetite for innovative mobile technologies. You will be expected to mentor other mobile engineers, sharing your knowledge and expertise to enhance the overall skill level of the team.
This individual will be leaned to provide technical leadership to our amazing mobile engineers, and work alongside cross functional engineering, product and design teams to propel our ambitious roadmap forward. As a Staff level engineer, you will take a lead role in defining, designing, and implementing high-quality, maintainable, and scalable code. Join us as we make our journey to a mobile first experience.
We’d love to chat if you have:
- 8+ years of Mobile development experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
- Development experience with Swift, SwiftUI, Combine, iOS SDK, dependency injection
- Experience publishing iOS apps to the App Store
- Experience with mobile architectures, frameworks, and best practices, encompassing the latest trends and technologies in mobile development.
- Experience writing and maintaining a suite of unit and integration tests as part of the development process. Applying test-driven development methodologies to ensure high-quality code
- Experience implementing cutting-edge mobile technologies, driving our journey towards a mobile-first experience
- Experience providing technical leadership to our amazing engineering team to build out the next generation iOS applications
- Experience collaborating with cross functional Engineering teams, Product and Design to advance our ambitious roadmap forward
- Experience leading in defining, designing, and implementing high-quality, maintainable, and scalable code, contributing significantly to our mobile-first journey
- Experience mentoring other mobile engineers, sharing knowledge and expertise to enhance the overall skill level of our team(s)
- Experience leading and contributing across multiple mobile initiatives at a time
- Experience with documentation
The estimated salary range for this role is noted below for our San Jose based role. Our ranges for each role and job level are based on a variety of factors including candidate experience, expertise, and geographic location and may vary from the amounts listed above. The role is also eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, flexible spending & health savings account, paid holidays, paid time off, and other company benefits.
Let’s talk about benefits
- 100% paid employee health, dental, and vision plans (choose HMO, PPO, or HDHP)
- HSA & FSA accounts
- Life Insurance, Long & Short-term disability coverage
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 11+ Observed holidays and wellness days and flexible time off
- Employee Stock Purchase Program with employee discounts
- Wellness & Fitness initiatives
- Employee recognition and referral programs
- And much more
For positions that are in office we support a hybrid work environment with on-site and remote work days. Check out our LinkedIn Life Page for each location and Discover BILL.
We live our culture and values every day
At BILL, we’re different by design—it's our culture. Our CEO is a trusted entrepreneur who lives our cultural values: Humble, Authentic, Passionate, Accountable, and Fun. People here love being their authentic selves, contributing unique experiences, sharing ideas, perspectives, and intellectual curiosity. We celebrate our diversity as the heart and soul of how we work, grow, and succeed together. Inspiring people with meaningful career experiences they love really does make the dream work and our successes just keep getting better. There’s no limit to what we can build and where we can go from here. We’d love you to join us.
BILL is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer where everyone is welcome. Our innovation and technology are inspired by an inclusive culture unlike any other. Everyone brings a different personal story and perspective and this diverse mix of minds, backgrounds, and experiences is where our greatest ideas come from. We welcome people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, abilities, genders, and sexual orientations to make us an even more vibrant company. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves here, to share our values, shape our vision, drive innovation, and become part of a culture we celebrate every day.
- Humble - We check our egos at the door. We are curious. We listen, accept feedback.
- Authentic - We earn and show trust by being real—embracing our authentic selves.
- Passionate - We care deeply about each other and our customers.
- Accountable - We are duty-bound to each other, our customers, and society.
- Fun - We wrap it all together by building connections and enjoying time spent together.
Our Applicant Privacy Notice describes how BILL treats the personal information it receives from applicants