Principal Product Designer, Platform
Do the best work of your career as a champion for small and mid-size businesses.
BILL is a leader in financial automation software for small and midsize businesses (SMBs). As a champion of SMBs, we are dedicated to automating the future of finance so businesses can thrive. Hundreds of thousands of businesses trust BILL solutions to manage financial workflows, including payables, receivables, and spend and expense management. With BILL, businesses are connected to a network of millions of members, so they can pay or get paid faster. Through our automated solutions, we help SMBs simplify and control their finances, so they can confidently manage their businesses, and succeed on their terms.
Make your impact within a rapidly growing Fintech Company
BILL is looking for a Principal Designer to join us during one of our most pivotal times. Opportunities abound as we bring new branding into our product, solidify processes and build the best end-to-end product, using experimentation methods and data. Work with a thoughtful and empathic set of leaders, researchers and design systems designers, in a dedicated Platform team, to build foundational work that can be used across the company. Finally, bring strong mentorship, communication and collaboration skills to better foster relationships and adoption across our product pillars.
We’d love to chat if you have:
- 15+ years of design experience with an outstanding and in-depth portfolio that shows your ability to execute modern visual designs, usable flows and features that have influenced business outcomes.
- Excellent at motivating, inspiring and building trust with designers, and cross functional partners to better enable adoption of Platform work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a great knack for selling ideas and pushing them through implementation.
- Extensive experience in building products for consumer/enterprise software products.
- Systems thinker who effortlessly connects teams, products and people through end-to-end solutions that solve for the big picture.
- Experience in dynamic, fast-paced, and growth environments.
- Highly autonomous, able to be self-sufficient and move things forward with thought and ease.
- Amazing collaborator. Ability to make people feel involved and appreciated, while making sure projects move forward.
- Demonstrated leadership experience closely partnering with product and engineering leaders to ensure we have the right product development strategy and execution plan.
- Data driven - Always trying to understand, defend, and make the work you and your team deliver the best it can be.
- Familiarity with Design Systems work, and the ability to contribute and work closely with that team.
- Work iteratively, having a learn-through-experimentation mindset. Ability to take action, reacting quickly to new information, and focusing on results.
- Experience working with marketing to drive cross-sell, upsell and retention initiatives is a plus.
Although we’d be excited if you have the above experience, it’s definitely not a show-stopper. If you are excited about this role but not sure if you meet all of the criteria, please still apply as we’d love to hear from you!
Let’s talk about benefits
- 100% paid health, dental, and vision plans (choose HMO, PPO, or HDHP)
- HSA & FSA accounts
- Life Insurance, Long & Short-term disability coverage
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 11+ Observed holidays and wellness days and flexible time off
- Employee Stock Purchase Program with employee discounts
- Wellness & Fitness initiatives
- Employee recognition and referral programs
- And much more
We live our culture and values every day
At BILL, we’re different by design—it's our culture. Our CEO is a trusted entrepreneur who lives our cultural values: Humble, Authentic, Passionate, Accountable, and Fun. People here love being their authentic selves, contributing unique experiences, sharing ideas, perspectives, and intellectual curiosity. We celebrate our diversity as the heart and soul of how we work, grow, and succeed together. Inspiring people with meaningful career experiences they love really does make the dream work and our successes just keep getting better. There’s no limit to what we can build and where we can go from here. We’d love you to join us.
BILL is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer where everyone is welcome. Our innovation and technology are inspired by an inclusive culture unlike any other. Everyone brings a different personal story and perspective and this diverse mix of minds, backgrounds, and experiences is where our greatest ideas come from. We welcome people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, abilities, genders, and sexual orientations to make us an even more vibrant company. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves here, to share our values, shape our vision, drive innovation, and become part of a culture we celebrate every day.
- Humble - We check our egos at the door. We are curious. We listen, accept feedback.
- Authentic - We earn and show trust by being real—embracing our authentic selves.
- Passionate - We care deeply about each other and our customers.
- Accountable - We are duty-bound to each other, our customers, and society.
- Fun - We wrap it all together by building connections and enjoying time spent together.
Our Applicant Privacy Notice describes how BILL treats the personal information it receives from applicants
Something looks off?