Sales Manager - Cross Sell
Do the best work of your career, helping businesses change the way they manage finances.
BILL is a leader in financial automation software for small and midsize businesses (SMBs). As a champion of SMBs, we are dedicated to automating the future of finance so businesses can thrive. Hundreds of thousands of businesses trust BILL solutions to manage financial workflows, including payables, receivables, and spend and expense management. With BILL, businesses are connected to a network of millions of members, so they can pay or get paid faster. Through our automated solutions, we help SMBs simplify and control their finances, so they can confidently manage their businesses, and succeed on their terms.
BILL is a trusted partner of leading U.S. financial institutions, accounting firms, and accounting software providers. We have operations in San Jose, CA, Draper, UT, Houston, TX and Sydney, AUS and are continuing to expand into other geographic locations. If you’re looking for a place that helps you do the best work of your career, look no further than BILL.
This position is based at Draper, Utah. We support a hybrid work environment with on-site and remote work days.
Make your impact within a rapidly growing Fintech Company
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Sales Manager to lead our Direct Cross Sell Team and drive sales strategy and execution for a large part of our Cross Sell Funnel. The successful candidate will report to the Director of Sales.
List of Responsibilities/Duties:
- Consistently exceed monthly sales and business goals: As the Sales Manager, you will be responsible for driving the sales strategy and executing plans to exceed monthly sales and business goals. You will need to work collaboratively with the SDR team, other departments, and cross-functional teams to create sales plans and strategies that align with our company goals.
- Develop and coach a team of experienced Account Executives: You will lead a team of inbound and outbound lead sellers and account managers, and your responsibility will be to develop and coach them at all levels. You will be expected to identify gaps in knowledge, skills, or performance, and create development plans that will help them succeed.
- Establish a team culture of accountability, continuous learning, and operational excellence: You will be responsible for establishing a culture of accountability, continuous learning, and operational excellence within the Direct Cross Sell Team. This includes setting expectations, holding team members accountable through performance management, and providing them with the resources and support they need to succeed.
- Optimize and refine the cross sell sales model: You will be responsible for optimizing and refining the cross sell sales model for the Direct Cross Sell Team. This includes identifying new cross sell opportunities, developing sales plans, and executing strategies that result in increased units and spend.
- Establish positive cross-functional relationships with marketing, product, SDR, and risk teams: You will need to establish positive cross-functional relationships with marketing, product, Sales Development, and risk teams. This includes working collaboratively with these teams to develop and execute marketing campaigns, product launches, Sales Development strategy, and alignment with risk that will lead to success for the Direct Cross Sell Team's goals.
We’d love to chat if you have:
- Proven track record in sales with strong results: The ideal candidate should have a proven track record in sales with strong results. You should be able to demonstrate your ability to drive sales growth, build relationships, and develop effective sales strategies. Minimum of 3 years in sales and 2 years of management experience.
- Experience establishing positive cross-functional relationships with marketing, product, Sales Development, and risk teams: You should have experience in establishing positive cross-functional relationships with marketing, product, Sales Development, and risk teams. You should be able to demonstrate your ability to work collaboratively with these teams to achieve common goals.
- Ability to build and scale a new sales team: You should have experience designing and implementing sales processes that have a proven track record of scaling successfully.
- Prior formal leadership experience is preferred but not required. However, you should be able to demonstrate your ability to lead a team, develop people, and drive results. You should have excellent communication skills and be able to provide feedback, coaching, and support to team members at all levels.
Let’s talk about benefits
- 100% paid employee health, dental, and vision plans (choose HMO, PPO, or HDHP)
- HSA & FSA accounts
- Life Insurance, Long & Short-term disability coverage
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 11+ Observed holidays and wellness days and flexible time off
- Employee Stock Purchase Program with employee discounts
- Wellness & Fitness initiatives
- Employee recognition and referral programs
- And much more
We live our culture and values every day
At BILL, we’re different by design—it's our culture. Our CEO is a trusted entrepreneur who lives our cultural values: Humble, Authentic, Passionate, Accountable, and Fun. People here love being their authentic selves, contributing unique experiences, sharing ideas, perspectives, and intellectual curiosity. We celebrate our diversity as the heart and soul of how we work, grow, and succeed together. Inspiring people with meaningful career experiences they love really does make the dream work and our successes just keep getting better. There’s no limit to what we can build and where we can go from here. We’d love you to join us.
BILL is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer where everyone is welcome. Our innovation and technology are inspired by an inclusive culture unlike any other. Everyone brings a different personal story and perspective and this diverse mix of minds, backgrounds, and experiences is where our greatest ideas come from. We welcome people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, abilities, genders, and sexual orientations to make us an even more vibrant company. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves here, to share our values, shape our vision, drive innovation, and become part of a culture we celebrate every day.
- Humble - We check our egos at the door. We are curious. We listen, accept feedback.
- Authentic - We earn and show trust by being real—embracing our authentic selves.
- Passionate - We care deeply about each other and our customers.
- Accountable - We are duty-bound to each other, our customers, and society.
- Fun - We wrap it all together by building connections and enjoying time spent together.
Our Applicant Privacy Notice describes how BILL treats the personal information it receives from applicants
Something looks off?