Product Marketing Director - Data
Introduction to Demandbase:
Demandbase is the Smarter GTM™ company for B2B brands. We help B2B companies hit their revenue goals using fewer resources. How? By aligning their sales and marketing teams around a combination of their data, our data, and artificial intelligence — what we call Account Intelligence — so they can identify, engage, and focus their time and money on the accounts most likely to buy.
As a company, we’re as committed to growing careers as we are to building world-class technology. We invest heavily in people, our culture, and our community. We have offices in the San Francisco Bay Area, Seattle, and India, as well as a team in the UK, and we allow employees to work remotely. We have also been continuously recognized as one of the best places to work in the San Francisco Bay Area, including “Best Workplaces for Millennials” and “Best Workplaces for Parents”!
We're committed to attracting, developing, retaining, and promoting a diverse workforce. By ensuring that every Demandbase employee can bring a diversity of talents to work, we're increasingly capable of living out our mission to transform how B2B goes to market. We encourage people from historically underrepresented backgrounds and all walks of life to apply. Come grow with us at Demandbase!About this role:
Demandbase is looking for an exceptional Product Marketing Director for our Data vertical. This position reports to the Vice President of Product Marketing. You’ll have overall ownership of marketing for Demandbase Data, our fastest-growing product line, covering the five key aspects of B2B data: firmographics, technographic, intent, account identification, and contacts.
The role requires deep functional knowledge and experience in the B2B data and/or SaaS marketing/sales technology ecosystem, as you will contribute to developing game-changing product positioning, messaging, and go-to-market strategies that will help make Demandbase top-of-mind with our target audience and turn us into the category leader.
If you have the experience and are looking for an opportunity to lead a major product at a category leader in B2B Go-to-Market, then this is the role you’ve been looking for! Come help us continue to grow the most complete B2B Go-to-Market Suite, build cutting-edge technology, and bring your fresh ideas to market. This position allows you to make a significant impression on the business, take on substantial projects, and grow your career.
The base compensation range for this role is: $145,000 - $240,000
What you’ll be doing:
- Driving the GTM vision for Demandbase Data, our fastest-growing product line.
- Serving as the subject matter expert in all things Data for sales, customer calls, and internal enablement
- Developing and executing go-to-market plans for existing and new products and services through coordination across the organization and cross-functional teams
- Creating pricing and packaging for both existing and future products and services
- Delivering sales enablement programs and materials that increase win rates and decrease time to close
- Developing internal and external collateral: playbooks, data sheets, FAQs, white papers, webinars, presentations, etc.
- Performing ongoing market and competitive research and analysis to keep the organization abreast of changing environments
- Supporting marketing activities from the messaging definition, thought leadership, and collateral development
- Understanding broader data management, marketing, and sales technology trends that allow for future product initiatives and insights
- Acting as a trusted advisor and visible presence that positively influences our Partner, Customer, and Analyst Communities
- Working with Product Management, Engineering, Marketing, Sales, Services, Customer Success, and Executive Management to prioritize business needs to achieve corporate goals
What we’re looking for:
- 7+ years of experience in Product Marketing at a data management or SaaS company
- Deep understanding of B2B data management, marketing, and sales technology competitive landscape
- SaaS product marketing, product management, or GTM experience required
- Proven ability to convert complex ideas and quantitative data into simple messages and story narratives (examples will be requested)
- Comfortable (and good at) presenting to large groups
- Proven ability to collaborate with and influence cross-functional teams
- Ability to solicit and synthesize customer and market feedback for actionable recommendations on positioning, messaging, and product development
- Experience analyzing product, customer, competitive intelligence, market dynamics, and opportunities
- Data Management, Data Intelligence, Technographics, Intent, Account-Based Marketing, Customer Experience, CRM or Customer Data Platform experience preferred
Our benefits include options for up to 100% paid Medical and Vision premiums for employees, flexible PTO policy, no internal meeting Fridays, Modern Health mental wellness platform, and 11 paid holidays and 2 additional weeks where all Demandbase employees take off (the week of July 4th and the week of Thanksgiving). Plus 401(k), short-term/long-term disability, life insurance, and all those good things.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Demandbase
At Demandbase, we believe in creating a workplace culture that values and celebrates diversity in all its forms. We recognize that everyone brings unique experiences, perspectives, and identities to the table, and we are committed to building a community where everyone feels valued, respected, and supported. Discrimination of any kind is not tolerated, and we strive to ensure that every individual has an equal opportunity to succeed and grow, regardless of their gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, race, ethnicity, background, marital status, genetic information, education level, veteran status, national origin, or any other protected status. We do not automatically disqualify applicants with criminal records and will consider each applicant on a case-by-case basis.
We recognize that not all candidates will have every skill or qualification listed in this job description. If you feel you have the level of experience to be successful in the role, we encourage you to apply!
We acknowledge that true diversity and inclusion require ongoing effort, and we are committed to doing the work required to make our workplace a safe and equitable space for all. Join us in building a community where we can learn from each other, celebrate our differences, and work together.