Vice President, Product Management
Demandbase is the Smarter GTM™ company for B2B brands. We help marketing and sales teams overcome the disruptive data and technology fragmentation that inhibits insight and forces them to spam their prospects. We do this by injecting Account Intelligence into every step of the buyer journey, wherever our clients interact with customers, and by helping them orchestrate every action across systems and channels - through advertising, account-based experience, and sales motions. The result? You spot opportunities earlier, engage with them more intelligently, and close deals faster.
As a company, we’re as committed to growing careers as we are to building world-class technology. We invest heavily in people, our culture, and the community around us. We have offices in the San Francisco Bay Area, New York, Seattle, and teams in the UK and India, and allow employees to work remotely. We have also been continuously recognized as one of the best places to work in the San Francisco Bay Area.
We're committed to attracting, developing, retaining, and promoting a diverse workforce. By ensuring that every Demandbase employee is able to bring a diversity of talents to work, we're increasingly capable of living out our mission to transform how B2B goes to market. We encourage people from historically underrepresented backgrounds and all walks of life to apply. Come grow with us at Demandbase!
About the Role:
Demandbase is looking for a VP of Product, reporting to the Chief R&D Officer, Umberto Milletti. This is an incredible opportunity to define the future of how B2B companies go-to-market. This role will have broad responsibility for defining our vision for go-to-market platforms. This VP will have responsibility for growing and nurturing a multi-level product team supporting a variety of products.
In this role, you will serve as a critical part of the R&D leadership and as a respected leader across Demandbase. You will be expected to be the face and voice of your products both internally and externally. You will be accountable for the business performance of your products. You will shape product strategy across the portfolio and ensure that Demandbase retains and grows its market leadership. You will inspire teams across the company to achieve greatness through high-quality, high-velocity product development.
The base compensation range for this role, not including bonus, is: $200,000 - $250,000.
What you'll be doing:
- Strategic Vision and Roadmap Development:
- Spearheading the formulation of a compelling vision for Demandbase's GTM applications for Marketers.
- Collaborating closely with Engineering, UX, and various stakeholders to define and bring to market groundbreaking products that set industry standards.
- Cross-Functional Leadership:
- Functioning as the cross-functional General Manager responsible for steering Demandbase's market-leading product portfolio for marketers.
- Leading and nurturing a team of exceptional product managers, fostering their growth and empowering them to deliver excellence.
- [something about player-coach expectations]
- Process Optimization:
- Upholding the highest quality standards across product management teams by implementing and refining exceptional processes.
- Championing Demandbase products externally through effective engagement with analysts and strategic partners, and internally to our field and engineering organizations.
- Customer-Centric Discovery:
- Investing significant time in customer engagement, conducting thorough discovery sessions to gain deep insights into their evolving needs.
- Translating customer feedback into actionable strategies, ensuring our products remain aligned with and ahead of market demands.
What we're looking for:
- Experience in leading products for B2B marketers.
- 15+ years of product management experience. Product marketing experience desirable.
- 7+ years of people leadership experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Must be able to explain technical concepts to an executive audience, and translate business objectives to a technical audience.
- Proven track record of solving ambiguous and complex data problems at scale, strong quantitative modeling skills inclusive of machine learning.
Our benefits include options for up to 100% paid Medical and Vision premiums for employees, flexible PTO policy, no internal meeting Fridays, Modern Health mental wellness platform, and 11 paid holidays and 2 additional weeks where all Demandbase employees take off (the week of July 4th and the week of Thanksgiving). Plus 401(k), short-term/long-term disability, life insurance, and all those good things.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Demandbase
At Demandbase, we believe in creating a workplace culture that values and celebrates diversity in all its forms. We recognize that everyone brings unique experiences, perspectives, and identities to the table, and we are committed to building a community where everyone feels valued, respected, and supported. Discrimination of any kind is not tolerated, and we strive to ensure that every individual has an equal opportunity to succeed and grow, regardless of their gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, race, ethnicity, background, marital status, genetic information, education level, veteran status, national origin, or any other protected status. We do not automatically disqualify applicants with criminal records and will consider each applicant on a case-by-case basis.
We recognize that not all candidates will have every skill or qualification listed in this job description. If you feel you have the level of experience to be successful in the role, we encourage you to apply!
We acknowledge that true diversity and inclusion require ongoing effort, and we are committed to doing the work required to make our workplace a safe and equitable space for all. Join us in building a community where we can learn from each other, celebrate our differences, and work together.