Principal Engineer - Frontend
Introduction to Demandbase:
Demandbase is the Smarter GTM™ company for B2B brands. We help B2B companies hit their revenue goals using fewer resources. How? By aligning their sales and marketing teams around a combination of their data, our data, and artificial intelligence — what we call Account Intelligence — so they can identify, engage, and focus their time and money on the accounts most likely to buy.
As a company, we’re as committed to growing careers as we are to building world-class technology. We invest heavily in people, our culture, and the community around us. We have offices in the San Francisco Bay Area, Seattle, and India, as well as a team in the UK, and allow employees to work remotely. We have also been continuously recognized as one of the best places to work in the San Francisco Bay Area including, “Best Workplaces for Millennials” and “Best Workplaces for Parents”!
We're committed to attracting, developing, retaining, and promoting a diverse workforce. By ensuring that every Demandbase employee is able to bring a diversity of talents to work, we're increasingly capable of living out our mission to transform how B2B goes to market. We encourage people from historically underrepresented backgrounds and all walks of life to apply. Come grow with us at Demandbase!
About the role:
The base compensation range for this role is: $203,000 - $230,000.
What you’ll be doing:
- Help develop and own our React (Typescript) application, frontend architecture, and technical direction and standards across the product & engineering organization, including serving as a senior resource for code reviews and best practices
- Work on a cross-functional team (Product Managers, UX, and FE & BE engineers) to design, develop, test, and release rich and robust new functionality based on sophisticated ML-driven analytics and complex orchestration flows to drive sales and marketing automation
- Work with Cloud Ops and engineering productivity team to jointly own industry-standard build, test, and deploy pipelines, driving for best-in-class release processes
- Improving the performance of existing software
- Contribute to organization standards and best practices, along with automation improvements in our CI/CD pipelines
- Promote a culture of engineering excellence while maintaining knowledge of industry innovations, trends, and practices across Demandbase engineering teams
- Effectively communicate with and influence key stakeholders across the enterprise at all levels of the organization
What we’re looking for:
- 7+ years of experience in building large-scale customer-facing web UI applications.
- Deep understanding of modern web applications design architecture, good API design patterns, performance and scale
- Attention to detail at a visual and technical level
- Has a product-oriented mind and a strong desire to solve problems for customers
- Experience using data visualization libraries like Highcharts or D3.
- Keen interest in learning and experimenting with new technology, innovating and seeking resources to learn, grow, and find solutions
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work effectively with others in distributed cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated ability to share knowledge via formal mentoring, reviewing code, reviewing design documents
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or relevant/equivalent technical discipline
Nice to have
- Domain knowledge of ABM (Account-based marketing)
Our benefits include options for up to 100% paid Medical and Vision premiums for employees, flexible PTO policy, no internal meeting Fridays, Modern Health mental wellness platform, and 11 paid holidays and 2 additional weeks where all Demandbase employees take off (the week of July 4th and the week of Thanksgiving). Plus 401(k), short-term/long-term disability, life insurance, and all those good things.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Demandbase
At Demandbase, we believe in creating a workplace culture that values and celebrates diversity in all its forms. We recognize that everyone brings unique experiences, perspectives, and identities to the table, and we are committed to building a community where everyone feels valued, respected, and supported. Discrimination of any kind is not tolerated, and we strive to ensure that every individual has an equal opportunity to succeed and grow, regardless of their gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, race, ethnicity, background, marital status, genetic information, education level, veteran status, national origin, or any other protected status. We do not automatically disqualify applicants with criminal records and will consider each applicant on a case-by-case basis.
We recognize that not all candidates will have every skill or qualification listed in this job description. If you feel you have the level of experience to be successful in the role, we encourage you to apply!
We acknowledge that true diversity and inclusion require ongoing effort, and we are committed to doing the work required to make our workplace a safe and equitable space for all. Join us in building a community where we can learn from each other, celebrate our differences, and work together.