Senior Field Marketing Manager
Marketing & Communications
Austin, TX, USA
Posted on Tuesday, September 12, 2023
Build with certainty, operate with confidence. That’s why thousands of construction, oil and gas, and renewable energy companies use DroneDeploy on a daily basis. We help them automate reality capture using drones, robots, and 360 cameras – combining this data in one platform for AI-powered analysis. From aerial and ground views of construction progress to automated gauge readings and methane leak detection, DroneDeploy is shaping the future of reality capture.
At DroneDeploy, we thrive in a remote-first culture, powered by innovation. Growth is limitless, and employee contributions matter. With accolades as a Best Place to Work in the SF Bay Area and a spot on America’s Best Startups list, our team is dynamic, purpose-driven, and dedicated to delivering top-tier reality capture software. We cultivate an environment of opportunity. Our dynamic growth is fueled by the diverse range of ideas nurtured by our team. This is why our commitment to internal advancement is profound. A multitude of paths for professional and personal development are available, where flexible schedules, family-friendly benefits, and remote work options propel our team's journey.
About The Role
Do you have a proven track record of crafting and executing events, and customer experiences that ignite engagement and prompt action? Do you thrive on fine-tuning multiple, simultaneous events based on real-time feedback? Do sales teams sing your praises based on the strategies and support you provide? Did you stumble across the perfect next step in your marketing career? You just might have.... We are seeking a dynamic and strategic Field Marketing Manager to join our team and play a pivotal role in driving the success of our industry trade shows, community field marketing programs, and account-based marketing activities. In this role, you will collaborate closely with the marketing, sales, and community teams to develop, execute, and measure field marketing initiatives that contribute to our overall business objectives. You will be responsible for optimizing customer expansion programs, fostering cross-functional collaboration, and managing regional field marketing budgets.
This position can be worked remotely within Austin’s metropolitan area or in a Hybrid manner from our Austin office. This role will work cross-functionally with teams located in the US, New Zealand and Australia, and will need to be available to core work hours based on the location of the employee.
Don’t have ALL the qualifications or experience listed within? Think you’d be a better fit for a slightly more senior position? We’d still love to hear from you. Apply with a few lines about you’d be the perfect addition (Include examples of your work… events you have managed, examples of regional field events that have delighted the customer).
- Partner closely with the marketing, sales and community teams to drive the strategy, planning, execution, and KPIs of our industry trade shows and community field marketing programs
- Increase the impact of customer expansion marketing programs by acting as the bridge between Customer Success, Sales and other relevant teams supporting demand generation and account expansion
- Development and execution of account-based field and partner marketing activities that can be scaled across multiple territories
- Collaborating with Community and GTM Teams to deliver a world-class annual customer conference
- Manage and execute DroneDeploy’s participations in 12 trade shows per year, as well as roadshows
- Think strategically about the entire event before, during and after leveraging demand generation campaigns, target ABM plays and set the pre-sales and sales teams up for success
- Track field marketing program success via SFDC and Tableau
- Manage and balance regional field marketing budget and spend
How performance in this role is measured:
- Pipeline & Revenue with Target Accounts: your end-to-end planning and event plays will resonate and captivate, driving engagement and hitting pipeline targets
- Event Impact: Gauge the success of our tradeshows and field events not just by attendance, but by measuring the lasting impression they leave on attendees and their subsequent actions.
- Sales Uplift: Witness an uptick in sales productivity and conversion rates, reflecting the impact of your sales-focused support, partnership and enablement initiatives.
- KPI Mastery: Prove your strategic prowess as you consistently meet and surpass key performance indicators (KPIs), demonstrating the laser-focus of your initiatives.
Success in this role looks like:
- You are highly curious, with a strong desire to get to know our customers and prospects, as much as you love event execution
- You have a passion to actively partner with sales teams to generate pipeline and drive the business
- You understand that the art of field marketing is elevated by the science of data analysis, and you embrace this duality with open arms.
- You are highly motivated to work side by side with passionate professionals who are redefining the reality capture landscape.
- 5-7 years of hands-on field marketing, customer marketing or account-based marketing experience in B2B Enterprise SaaS or technology company
- Experience building impactful relationships with internal teams and customers
- Tech-savviness and familiarity with marketing tools and platforms (Marketo, Salesforce, Tableau, Notion) for executing and measuring events.
- You've played the sales-support superhero role and understand the dynamics of aligning marketing efforts to revenue.
- Interest in and curiosity for technology and the AEC and Energy & Emerging industries
- Previous experience managing events in Construction, Renewables or Oil & Gas are a plus
- A passion for drones, robotics, AI and other emerging tech is a huge plus!
- Willing to travel domestically 30% of the time for tradeshows, roadshows and company events, with some potential international travel
- Located within Austin’s metropolitan area to manage tradeshow materials located within our Austin office.
Employee Offerings & Benefits include:
(may vary by location)
Innovative company culture
Drone pilot certification
Flexible work schedules
Flexible work location
Family paid leave
Paid healthcare for employees
Professional development & career advancements
Wellbeing activities (live & on-demand)
Flexible paid time off
Employee referral bonus
DroneDeploy is an equal opportunity employer.
All DroneDeploy employees are responsible for assisting in protecting the company and customer data by following information security policies and procedures.
Please refer to our Recruitment Privacy Notice for information about privacy during the recruiting process.