Director of IT
Who We Are:
Dusty Robotics develops robot-powered tools for the modern construction workforce.
While today's buildings are built predominantly with manual labor, Dusty envisions a future in which skilled labor makes use of robotic automation to make the work safer, more efficient, and more precise! We want to create a future where construction workers don't need to retire early because their bodies give out. In Dusty's future, the buildings we live and work in are built by teams of creative and problem-solving construction crews who direct robots to do the dull/dirty/dangerous work.
What We're Building:
Dusty bridges the gap between the digital world of building design with the skilled labor operating in the field, accelerating the digital transformation of the construction industry. The centerpiece of our strategy is the FieldPrinter: a mobile printer-on-wheels that prints building floorplans full-size on the concrete floor of a construction site. When errors in layout can cause multi-million-dollar mistakes, our product ensures that all field crews are building off of a single source of truth derived from the digital model.
Dusty is growing quickly with multiplying IT needs across all teams. As the Director of IT, you’ll be responsible for developing and implementing an IT strategy for the company that scales with our growth and ensures data security across our employee base and our products.
You’ll be the first dedicated IT hire into the company, where you will shape the infrastructure that will help the company operate over the next several years. You’ll design, implement and centralize on business platforms that scale as our employee operations grow. You’ll also be responsible for defining, hiring and guiding the team that implements these systems.
This is an in-office position at Dusty’s headquarters in Mountain View. We are an office-centric hardware company enjoying the efficiency and camaraderie of in-person collaboration.
- Partner with executive leadership across the organization to develop unified solutions for emerging IT needs
- Select, implement and maintain IT platforms to support employee operations: IDP, Zoom, Google Workspace, office networks, etc.
- Develop an information security strategy that protects all company and customer data and holds up under enterprise customer scrutiny
- Implement employee help desk services for a mixed Mac/Windows/Linux environment
- Manage IT staff by recruiting, training and coaching employees
- Develop an IT budget based on emerging needs and manage overall IT costs
Requirements and skills
- Proven working experience as an IT Manager developing IT strategy in a growing technology startup (50-200 employees)
- Solid understanding of how to create an information security strategy for a technology business selling enterprise products
- Excellent knowledge of the typical applications used in a startup of our size
- Hands-on experience with office computer networks and devices
- A strategic mindset centered around people and their ability to be productive and happy in their work
- Critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Excellent project management and prioritization skills
- Ability to manage personnel
- BS in Computer Science, MIS or similar field
Why You Should Join:
In joining our team, you’ll become an important part of a small and fast-growing company. We are daring to accomplish something big, do you want to be a critical part of Dusty's success? We are deeply committed to our mission, and we believe in removing roadblocks that distract us from reaching our goals.
To that end, we offer an unlimited vacation policy, a 401k with employer match, reasonable work hours, and flexible schedules. We know that our best work happens when we feel well-rested and capable of focusing all of our energy on making Dusty successful!
Strong, effective teams are composed of people with a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences who bring a variety of perspectives to their work. We actively encourage applications from a diverse pool, including those from historically under-represented groups such as women, people of color, people who identify LGBTQ, people with disabilities, and immigrants.
Our Code of Conduct:
Dusty Robotics exists to serve a wide variety of customers from all walks of life. We believe that our mission is best served in an environment that is friendly, safe, accepting, and free of intimidation or harassment. We do not tolerate abusive behavior.
Where You'll Work:
Dusty’s offices are located in Mountain View, CA. You will be primarily working from our office in this role to facilitate rapid coordination with executive leadership and business teams. You can also expect to travel a small amount to customer locations around the US.