VP of Marketing
Who We Are:
Dusty Robotics develops robot-powered tools for the modern construction workforce.
While today's buildings are built predominantly with manual labor, Dusty envisions a future in which skilled labor makes use of robotic automation to make the work safer, more efficient, and more precise! We want to create a future where construction workers don't need to retire early because their bodies give out. In Dusty's future, the buildings we live and work in are built by teams of creative and problem-solving construction crews who direct robots to do the dull/dirty/dangerous work.
What We're Building:
Dusty bridges the gap between the digital world of building design with the skilled labor operating in the field, accelerating the digital transformation of the construction industry. The centerpiece of our strategy is the FieldPrinter: a mobile printer-on-wheels that prints building floorplans full-size on the concrete floor of a construction site. When errors in layout can cause multi-million-dollar mistakes, our product ensures that all field crews are building off of a single source of truth derived from the digital model.
Reporting to the CEO, the Vice President of Marketing will play a critical role in driving growth and awareness for the company. This leader will be charged with establishing and executing the direction of the marketing function, company positioning, and building and cultivating a world class team.
As the first Vice President of Marketing, this player-coach role will be responsible for developing and executing the marketing strategy for Dusty Robotics, growing a team from scratch and will own all aspects of Product Marketing, Demand Gen, Brand, and Sales Enablement. This creative and detail-oriented marketing leader will work closely with other departments and agencies to deliver strategic marketing programs and initiatives enabling the company to hit revenue goals.
- Work alongside the CEO, Board and executive team members to create a Marketing and GTM strategy to scale the organization and increase revenue to meet goals of the Leadership team, Board, and Investors.
- Ensure messaging and positioning in the market aligns with our strategic vision, and curate our brand through case studies and other content creation, all while working closely with customers to understand why they choose Dusty Robotics.
- Be a thought partner to the CEO and VP Sales to define pricing and packaging strategy and navigate new product releases.
- Be in lock-step with sales, and work cross functionally to drive sales enablement content.
- Serving as player/coach, lead, grow and develop a scalable marketing organization that achieves key business metrics to support the company’s revenue growth objectives
- Collaborate with leadership to develop Dusty Robotics' strategic audience and messaging and drive awareness, trial, acquisition, positioning, new customer revenue
- Enable revenue growth by generating qualified interest in Dusty Robotics within target markets and work cross functionally to define the buyer’s journey and assess campaign effectiveness at converting through each stage
- Define demand generation strategy and evolve the ‘sales playbook’, working closely with other teams and leveraging historical campaign results: forecast lead and budget plans that align to company quarterly bookings goals
- Determine the best program mix for generating awareness and acquiring new customers and improve strategy continuously by measuring performance with data-driven metrics and cost per acquisition. Adjust the channel mix and messages as necessary, experimenting with approaches spanning thought leadership, SEO/SEM, field marketing, social media and other nontraditional media channels to drive demand, measuring programs’ ROI and ability to drive revenue.
- Constantly evaluate effectiveness and optimal usage of the marketing agencies and technology stack
- Prior construction or adjacent industry knowledge, personal or professional, is a plus
- An experienced marketer with exposure to and experience spanning all parts of the marketing stack including demand generation, content creation, communications, brand development, partner marketing, etc.
- Ability to work closely with the executive team and investors on strategic planning and growth
- Proactively data driven with experience and strong understanding of measuring targets, tracking and reporting on results
- Proven ability to use qualitative and quantitative analysis to determine the best combination of product positioning and messaging to win accounts and target personas within those accounts
- Proven track record in building through experiments and data, getting buy-in and executing marketing plans and ROI based budgets
- Experience hiring, retaining and developing a high performing, agile marketing organization, in alignment with overall company goals, objectives and key investment areas
- Organized player/coach leader with the ability to build innovative marketing programs/initiatives and strike a strong balance between strategic thinking and tactical execution
- Entrepreneurial with a high level of energy, dedication, and an unrelenting drive to succeed
- Curious leader who inspires and optimizes effectiveness among diverse teams and customers
- Team first mentality with a focus on building a deeply collaborative and supportive environment
- Analytical, data-driven, systematic problem solver
- Culture carrier and exceptional leader who embodies Dusty Robotics’ core values
- A motivated self-starter who can set strategy and drive tactical-level execution
- Intellectual, and comfortable making decisions in ambiguous situations
- Strong intellectual horsepower & EQ – the ability to empathize and connect with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Executive presence, a credible asset to the executive team and able to present at board level
Why You Should Join:
In joining our team, you’ll become an important part of a small and fast-growing company. We are daring to accomplish something big, do you want to be a critical part of Dusty's success? We are deeply committed to our mission, and we believe in removing roadblocks that distract us from reaching our goals.
To that end, we offer an unlimited vacation policy, a 401k with employer match, reasonable work hours, and flexible schedules. We know that our best work happens when we feel well-rested and capable of focusing all of our energy on making Dusty successful!
Strong, effective teams are composed of people with a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences who bring a variety of perspectives to their work. We actively encourage applications from a diverse pool, including those from historically under-represented groups such as women, people of color, people who identify LGBTQ, people with disabilities, and immigrants.
Our Code of Conduct:
Dusty Robotics exists to serve a wide variety of customers from all walks of life. We believe that our mission is best served in an environment that is friendly, safe, accepting, and free of intimidation or harassment. We do not tolerate abusive behavior.
Where You'll Work:
Dusty’s offices are located in Mountain View, CA. You will be primarily working from our office in this role to facilitate rapid coordination with executive leadership and business teams. You can also expect to travel a small amount to customer locations around the US.