Enterprise Account Executive - EMEA
As an Enterprise Account Executive at Expel, you aren’t just a salesperson, you’re also an educator. While you’re responsible for selling Expel’s solutions to customers, which entails identifying prospects, qualifying their interest, and prosecuting an opportunity through each phase of the sales process, you are also responsible for teaching a ‘sales done right’ approach to our customers. We believe in transparency, and that means no surprise upsells or clunky conversations without a clear goal. We create space for our customers to do what they love about security, and our sales process is their first introduction to just that.
Since Expel is a startup, that means you may need to help create and refine the tools necessary to successfully sell to customers, including modifying sales decks and written collateral, such as proposal templates. You’ll be assigned a sales target to meet for a given time frame, which will be documented clearly in a sales compensation plan. You are responsible for identifying and executing the activities necessary to achieve your sales objective within the stated sales period.
In addition to identifying and working on your opportunities, you’ll consistently provide feedback to the wider Sales team, Marketing and Product Management so Expel can identify the messages that are and aren’t resonating with customers, proper price point, future feature sets, and new market opportunities.
- Act as a change agent throughout the organization and industry-we’re building toward a new way of sales and need you to champion this with us
- Identify new potential prospects and conduct outbound outreach activities to gauge interest.
- Qualify prospects based on their interest level in Expel’s solution and their ability to purchase by virtue of the buyer’s budget and authority.
- Progress qualified opportunities through to purchase by matching customer needs to Expel’s offering and articulating value sufficiently to justify the price point.
- Negotiate business terms with sales prospects and coordinate revision of legal terms sufficiently to close a deal while preserving key terms in Expel’s interest.
- Assist Finance as needed to ensure timely collection of payment after deal close.
- Work in lockstep with the Partner Sales Managers and the resellers engaged in your opportunities.
- Maintain relationships within Expel to ensure the Sales team is well connected with new developments, and the rest of the business has a strong sense of sales progress and challenges.
- Provide feedback to Marketing, Product Management, and Sales leadership about the efficacy of Expel’s messaging, completeness of solution, and new customer problems that Expel may be able to address in order to bring in new business.
- Act as a mentor to new sales hires once you’re established in the role
Non-technical Skills Required
- Ability to understand and clearly communicate Expel’s business value to enterprise customers.
- An understanding of the broader managed security market, key competitors, and systemic challenges experienced by customers.
- A consultative approach to Sales- each prospect has unique needs and it’s up to you to help tailor our messaging to them
- Ability to engage with enterprise customers to quickly understand their role, challenges, needs, authority within an organization, and willingness to purchase new solutions.
- Solid presentation skills in front of small to medium size groups of both business and technical audiences.
- Demonstrate experience of the use of sales methodology approaches such as MEDDIC and Force Management
- Understanding of procurement processes and common challenges when closing a deal.
- Familiarity with diverse business functions such as marketing, PR, finance etc.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills- you’re able to tailor messaging to different audiences and ask strong questions that help uncover a prospects needs.
- Analytical abilities and problem-solving skills- you ask yourself “how can we get to yes, before no?”
- Resiliency- you have a keen sense of where you’re going and what you can accomplish here- setbacks or challenges don’t disrupt your momentum
Technical Skills Required
- A solid understanding of modern enterprise security products, including common vendors for product categories (e.g. firewalls, endpoint detection and response, SIEM, cloud).
- Ability to guide a customer through a brief product demo, including utilizing a consumer-grade web application UI to review content provided by Expel to its customers.
- Fluency in common enterprise and sales productivity technologies and applications, including, but not limited to Gsuite and Office365, as well as communication technologies such as e-mail, Slack, and Zoom.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s or postgraduate degree strongly preferred.
- 6+ years of professional experience, including at least 3 of enterprise security sales experience.
Applicants must reside within the UK and will work remotely from their home office, in addition to traveling as necessary to meet with sales prospects.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United Kingdom.
Expel does not sponsor immigration visas.
Expel is an Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
The base salary range for this role is between £200,000 and £220,000 OTE and equity.
We believe in paying transparently and equitably. Your salary will ultimately be based on factors such as your experience, skills, team equity, and market data.
Applicants must reside within the United Kingdom (London preferred) and will work remotely from their home office.
We're an Equal Opportunity Employer: You'll receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
We're only hiring those authorized to work in the United Kingdom. We do not currently sponsor immigration visas.