Manager, MDR (SOC Manager)
Are you someone who has led security incidents across multiple technologies and find the opportunity to learn new things thrilling? Have you spent time building your skills, testing new theories and exploring complex problems? How does it sound to work somewhere where you can pull all that together, while helping others thrive along a similar path?
You love to solve big problems, like crafting a security incident response approach that’s able to meet the needs of customers of all shapes and sizes. You’re strategic but also know when to focus on the tactics. You’re able to push projects through from design to delivery without getting pulled into the weeds. You’re fearless, collaborative, curious and lead with compassion and emotional intelligence.
You’ve leveraged your experience to mentor others on their own journeys as security practitioners. You view security as a team sport, where diverse skills and perspectives enable defenders to find and vanquish threat actors.
Strategy and optimization comes naturally to you. You’re eager to find ways to use tech and process to improve the scale and quality of our SOC-as-a-Service. You love to find ways to achieve a high multiplier effect for your team.
Does this sound like the kind of challenge you'd like to tackle? If so, we'd love to hear from you!
What Expel can do for you
- Provide experience maintaining and evolving our detection strategy and pipeline.
- Get you close to our customers to learn what’s top of mind for them and how we can best serve them.
- Drop you into a geographically distributed team in a highly collaborative culture where team members learn from and support each other.
What you can do for Expel
- Cultivate and nurture a unified SOC culture that’s a key competitive advantage.
- Recruit, hire, coach and mentor detection and response analysts.
- Continuously provide feedback and coaching to inspire a high-performing team of security practitioners.
- Contribute to strategic conversations with customers and prospects.
- Embrace data and help us scale the SOC using technology, process and product.
- Share how we use data to find threats with the community by writing blog posts, speaking at industry events, and engaging with practitioners using social media.
- Deploy, monitor and update metrics to understand how the team is performing and where we are in terms of reaching key milestones.
What you should bring with you
- A courageous, inspirational, patient, collaborative, curious, and empathetic mindset.
- Two years of experience leading a team in an operations, development, or consulting context.
- Extensive experience in threat detection and incident response within the context of a managed service or incident response consulting organization.
- Experience working with enterprise security architecture, detection, and response.
- Up to date knowledge on attack surfaces and corresponding attacker tactics, techniques and procedures.
- Familiarity with at least one major cloud infrastructure provider (such as AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Azure).
The base salary range for this role is between €89,800 and €130,200 + bonus eligibility and equity.
We believe in paying transparently and equitably. Your salary will ultimately be based on factors such as your experience, skills, team equity, and market data. You’ll also be eligible for unlimited PTO (which we model and encourage), work location flexibility, up to 24 weeks of parental leave, and really excellent health benefits.
We’re only hiring those authorized to work in the United States. We do not currently sponsor immigration visas.
We’re an Equal Opportunity Employer: You’ll receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
We’ll ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please let us know if you need accommodation of any kind.