About the role:
As a Payment Architect at Forter, you will be responsible for collaborating with Sales, Product, Analytics and Engineering to help design and implement optimized payment solutions with our clients that combat fraud and protect the integrity of digital transactions. Your expertise in payment orchestration, PSP operations, security protocols, and industry standards will be critical in ensuring our platform remains at the forefront of fraud prevention for the largest global e-commerce companies and financial services organizations that we partner with. This role will be a senior member of our dynamic Implementation & Delivery team, which plays a pivotal role in going live with new customers, expanding solutions with current clients and partners, and influencing our future product roadmap.
What you’ll be doing:
- Payment System Analysis: Conduct payment solution technical requirement deep dives with clients to understand their business goals and how Forter can help achieve and even outperform those metrics. This may include analysis of various payment systems, including credit card processing, mobile wallets, and online banking, to identify how Forter's solutions can be implemented. This also includes utilizing working knowledge of payment processing protocols, regulations, and compliance requirements, such as PSD2, 3DS, and PCI.
- Solution Design: Support pre-sales activities by contributing to solution design, proposal development, and client presentations. Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including software engineers, analysts, and product managers, to design and architect robust payment solutions for clients and partners.
- Documentation: Create and maintain detailed technical documentation, including architectural diagrams, specifications, and implementation guidelines.
- Project Management: Drive end-to-end solution integrations that align with client objectives and timelines.
- Technical Leadership: Provide technical leadership and mentorship to the development team, guiding them in the implementation of secure payment processing solutions, as well as identifying and filling payments expertise gaps across our Delivery team.
- Compliance: Stay up-to-date with industry regulations, standards, and best practices related to payment security and fraud prevention, ensuring our solutions remain compliant.
- Risk Assessment: Continuously assess and monitor the risk landscape, identifying emerging threats and proactively adapting security measures to counteract them.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Security, or a related field.
- Proven experience (5+ years) working specifically within payment system solutions, security, and architecture / implementation, and ideally 8+ years of professional industry experience.
- Expertise of various payment flows, such as card processing, bank account based payments, online payment platforms (PayPal, etc.), digital wallets (ApplePay, etc.), Buy-Now-Pay-Later services (Klarna, etc.), and more.
- In-depth knowledge of payment processing protocols, regulations, and compliance requirements, such as PSD2, 3DS, SCA, PCI, and more.
- Proven solution design experience, including working with cloud-based services and architecture and a strong understanding of development tooling processes, and methodologies.
- Familiarity with machine learning and data analytics for solutions such as fraud detection.
- Exceptional problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and collaboration abilities. Ability to present complex tech concepts to business stakeholders and working well in a cross-functional team environment.
Digital commerce is built on trust. At every point along the eCommerce journey, businesses must make a critical decision: Can I trust this customer? Answering this simple question accurately and instantly is powerful—it can accelerate revenue growth and strengthen a company’s connection with its customers. How do we do it? Forter was founded on the insight that it's not about what is being purchased, nor where— but who is behind the interaction.
The Forter Decision Engine finds patterns across more than one billion identities in our dataset. We isolate fraudsters and protect customers—ensuring everyone gets the experience they deserve. Given that trust is central to how we operate, Forter is very much driven by a defined set of values. We attract remarkable talent and have retention and engagement levels that are well above benchmarks. We’re meticulous about strengthening our culture as we grow and ensuring this is an environment where people can have outsized impact.
Trust is backed by data – Forter is a recipient of over 10 workplace and innovation awards, including:
- Great Place to Work Certification (2021, 2022, 2023)
- Fortune’s Best Workplaces in NYC (2022)
- #3 on Fast Company’s list of “Most Innovative Finance Companies” (2022)
- Forbes Cloud 100 (2021, 2022)
- SAP Pinnacle Awards “New Partner Application Award” (2023)
- Fintech Breakthrough Awards – Best Fraud Prevention Platform (2023)
Life as a Forterian:
We are a team of over 500 Forterians spread across 3 different continents. Since 2013, we've raised $525 million from investors such as Tiger Global, Bessemer, Sequoia Capital, March Capital and Salesforce Ventures. We're on a mission to bring trust to global digital commerce so that companies like Nordstrom, Priceline, Instacart and ASOS can block fraud, drive revenue and improve customer experience.
At Forter, we believe unique people create unique ideas, and valuable experience comes in many forms. So, even if your background doesn't match everything we have listed in the job description, we still encourage you to apply and tell us why your skills and values could be an asset to us. By welcoming different perspectives, we grow together as humans and as a company.
Forter is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Monthly reimbursement for supplementary health plan of your choosing
- Home office allowance
- Generous PTO policy
- Half day Fridays
*Forter does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Forter (or any related) jobs alias or directly to any Forter employees. Forter will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.