Head of Sales- EMEA
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Friday, November 10, 2023
What We’re Building
Honeycomb defined the concept of observability and is raising expectations of what our developer tools can do! Honeycomb is the observability platform that enables engineering teams to find and solve problems they couldn't before. It enables engineers to answer novel questions about their ever-evolving cloud applications, so they can deploy confidently, resolve incidents faster and focus on high-value work that drives innovation. We’re working with well known companies like HelloFresh, Slack, LaunchDarkly, and Vanguard and more across a range of industries. This is an exciting time in our trajectory, we’ve closed Series D funding, scaled past the 150-person mark, and were named to Forbes’ America’s Best Startups of 2022!
Honeycomb is built to help engineering teams deeply explore and understand their own production systems — in real time. It's a service for the near future and present, where distributed systems are the new default, every service is a platform, and empowered generalist software engineers are the new ops. We are passionate about consumer-quality developer tools and excited to build a product that raises our industry's expectations of what tools can do for technical teams.
As the Head of Sales, EMEA, you will be our leader in the market and help build and lead a dynamic sales team and help Honeycomb surpass our growth goals and realize our potential. The right candidate is responsible for building and leading a world class sales team, implementing technology and processes, and partnering with the account management, customer success, marketing, product, engineering and operations teams to deliver the best possible customer experience.
Who We Are
We come for the impact, and stay for the culture! We’re a talented, opinionated, passionate, fiercely inclusive, and responsible group of bees. We have conviction and we strive to live our values every day. We want our people to do what they truly love amongst a team of highly talented (but humble) peers.
How We Work
We are a remote-first company, which means we believe it is not where you sit, but how you deliver that matters most. We invest in our people and care about how you orient to our culture and processes. At the same time we imbue a lot of trust, autonomy, and accountability from Day 1.
What You’ll Do in the Role:
- Work with Sales Leadership and Exec Team to set regional GTM strategy for Honeycomb as we aggressively grow our customer base and ARR in EMEA.
- Execute regional Honeycomb GTM strategy and have ultimate accountability for the regional growth ARR target. Track record of achieving sales targets in a similar stage company.
- Build and lead EMEA sales team, owning sales recruiting, onboarding, ramping, steady state development, and performance management processes. Proven ability to recruit, train, nurture a team of account executives, solutions architects and SDRs
- Build cross functional alignment and relationships to ensure EMEA is represented in the decisions on pipeline development and product investments.
- Serve as an advocate for EMEA regional success while maintaining “First Team” orientation to drive overall Honeycomb success.
- High energy, passionate, smart and committed to leadership of the EMEA team.
- Passionate about helping customers to succeed, and building on a customer-first culture.
- Process, data driven sales operations background. Strong experience with Salesforce.com, and building track-able, repeatable sales processes (preferred MEDDPICC and Command of Message)
- Experience leading teams responsible for taking a technical SaaS product to market
- Willingness to “roll up the sleeves” and sell
- Experience selling to Fortune 500 and emerging enterprises
- Demonstrate high levels of integrity, initiative, honesty and leadership
- Provide accurate and consistent monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting, including forecasting, win/lose analysis and reporting, and sales performance
What you’‘ll Bring
- A deep passion for building high performance sales teams in SaaS organizations and has a track record for achievement of team sales targets.
- Deep Customer focus in your selling approach.
- Data driven and comfortable delivering/consuming analysis and insight in the decision making process.
- Understands Honeycomb’s ICP and buying personas deeply, as well as the nuance of the EMEA market relative to buying process, target accounts, and personas.
- Understands cloud native architectures, modern stacks, and modern DevOps practices to proactively identify ideal prospective customers and partnerships.
- You have a proven track record of success in working with cross-functional teams that include product, marketing, sales, finance, legal, and engineering.
- Has a keen sense of what it takes to develop deep relationships with key partners that fit into our business plans and long term strategy.
- Continuously measures and optimizes for business impact by default. You thrive in an environment that requires you to form clear hypotheses and gather the data needed to prove or disprove them quickly.
- Values strong, clear, and open communication. We see clear, thoughtful, and regular communication (including a willingness to give and receive feedback) as a fundamental skill, not a nice-to-have.
- Builds strong relationships internally and externally. You manage both internal teams and partners with demonstrated excellence as a leader.
What You Get When You Join The Hive - UK Based
- OTE(range) of £245,000- 330,000
- A stake in our success - generous equity with employee-friendly stock program
- It’s not about how strong of a negotiator you are - our pay is based on transparent levels relative to experience
- Compensation benchmarked to San Francisco market - no matter of where you live (or move)!
- A remote-first mindset and culture (really!)
- 100% employee + dependent coverage for Health, Dental, and Vision
- Time To Recharge - Unlimited PTO, paid sabbatical, an expressed minimum for taking time off, and 15 UK/US company holidays in 2023 + a company wide break at the end of the year to help you relax and recharge for the new year
- Pick Your Perk - $600 a year to spend on the perks that you care about most
- Work Life Balance and Flexible Schedule options
- The tech you need AND a $500 Home Setup Stipend
- £100 Monthly Cell Phone/Internet/Co-working Space Allowance
- £1000 Annual Professional Development Allowance
- Up to 16 weeks of paid parental leave, regardless of path to parenthood
- Semi-annual performance conversations (we call them Review & Rewards conversations) - so you know where you stand, and how you’ll be rewarded for your impact
- Annual compensation review, benchmarking to industry and inflation changes
Diversity & Accommodations:
We're building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other, and welcome nontraditional candidates, and people of all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. You don't need to be a millennial to join us, all gens are welcome! Further, we (of course) follow federal and state disability laws and are happy to provide reasonable accommodations during the application phase, interview process, and employment. Please email Talent@honeycomb.ioto discuss accessible formats or accommodations. As an equal opportunity employer our hiring process is designed to put you at ease and help you show your best work; if we can do better - we want to know!