Cyber Security Analyst
Posted on Sunday, May 7, 2023
HUMAN was founded in 2012 in a Brooklyn sci-fi bookstore by Tamer Hassan, Michael Tiffany, Dan Kaminsky, and Ash Kalb. Our humble beginnings led to the creation of the Human Verification Engine, the backbone of all our products that protect enterprises from sophisticated bots. Today we verify the humanity of more than 10 trillion interactions per week for some of the largest companies and internet platforms across the internet. Our hacker roots still permeate everything we do. You will be a part of the HUMAN front line in our commitment to helping protect companies (and in turn, their customers) from both revenue and reputation risk caused by malicious bots. However, HUMAN is not the center of this story. Humans like yourself are. We firmly believe in putting people first. This approach spans our extensive benefits and day-to-day culture in order for every human to do the best work of their life. We want to hear about the marathon you’re training for. We want to see pictures of your pets. We want to know your favorite robot (we have many).
Even if you’re not a conventional “hacker” we can assure you that you are a hacker in your own right. We want to work with people like you who break down problems to build up better solutions. That’s what makes us HUMAN. You’ll be joining us at an exciting moment in the HUMAN story: we joined forces with PerimeterX in a market-changing merger. Together under the HUMAN brand, we will disrupt the economics of cybercrime. We hope you can join us in that mission.
What you'll do:
- Support customers (Tier 2) in real-time and provide professional technical responses.
- Analyze customers’ traffic to identify undetected threats and false detections using mostly ElasticSearch and BigQuery (SQL).
- Work side by side with customers providing insightful incident reports.
- Communicate with global customers and provide quick responses and resolutions.
- Work cross-functionally with RnD and Research teams to optimize HUMAN's ability to detect and mitigate real-time Cyber Attacks.
- Design, plan and implement projects and automation for internal use.
- Hold shifts as part of the job (including weekend shifts).
Who you are:
- Fluent English, excellent customer-facing, and communication skills (a must!)
- Analytical mindset and data driven decision making.
- Passionate about data, security, and customer services.
- Hands-on experience (1+ year) with data analysis of large and complex data sets (data manipulation, statistical analysis, conclusions, etc.)
- Knowledge of web architecture and protocols (CDN, HTML, DOM, JS, HTTP, HTTPS, IPv4/v6, etc.)
- Understanding of the cybersecurity threat landscape.
- B.A/B.S in related domains.
- Able to work in Eastern Time Zone.
Life at HUMAN:
HUMAN prides itself on being an equal opportunity workplace. We firmly believe in putting people first regardless of who you are, where you come from, how you identify, or who your favorite robot is (we have many). We are on a mission to protect the integrity of the internet for everyone, so we welcome all individuals to come to share their unique experiences and perspectives as we fight against cybercrime together!With Humans located in all parts of the world, we’ve fully embraced our diversity of thought and are always looking for innovative ways to connect with one another - even in virtual reality! Although New York City is our HQ, with teams in London, Virginia, and Victoria, we trust our Humans in choosing where they work and how they work. The benefits package we provide reflects our remote-first culture and our commitment to our Humans’ personal career development, which includes annual stipends for home office setup, wellbeing, and learning & development. We also offer weekly lunches, flexible time off, no-meeting Fridays, HUMAN days, sabbatical programs, and so much more.
We’re constantly trying to anticipate the needs of our Humans to ensure each one of us is equally prepared to do some of the best work of our life. Taking care of one another is part of the HUMAN experience and how we build true HUMAN connections.
If you are an individual with a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us directly.
Salary range: 75K-85K
See more open positions at HUMAN
Something looks off?