Accounting & Finance
Posted on Friday, April 14, 2023
Matillion is The Data Productivity Cloud
Matillion helps teams get data business-ready, faster — accelerating time-to-value and increasing the impact data can have.
Thousands of enterprises including Cisco, DocuSign, Pacific Life, Slack, and TUI trust Matillion technology to load, transform, sync, and orchestrate their data for a wide range of use cases from insights and operational analytics, to data science, machine learning, and AI.
With over $300M raised from top Silicon Valley investors, we are on a mission to power the data productivity of our customers and the world.
We are passionate about doing things in a smart, considerate way. We’re honoured to be named a great place to work for several years running by multiple industry research firms.
With dual headquarters in Manchester, UK and Denver, Colorado, and an expanding hybrid culture, we are looking for passionate, high-integrity individuals to help us scale up our rapidly growing business.
We are now looking for an Assistant Financial Controller to join #teamgreen. This is a hybrid role, based out of our Manchester HQ.
The Assistant Financial Controller will undertake all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures.
What you will be doing
- Responsible for ensuring the accuracy and completeness of the financial results and the team's deliverables and objectives.
- Maintain monthly group balance sheet reconciliations using FloQast.
- Create and maintain global accounting manual, and assist with creation of global policies and procedures.
- Provide technical accounting advice, including management of transition from FRS 102 to IFRS.
- Assist with annual audit, preparation of annual group statutory accounts and UK tax return.
- Manage, improve and enhance the Procure to Pay process as well as the Quote to Cash processes.
- Approve GL, AP and AR transactions, vendor payments and global payroll.
- Assist with tax compliance and reporting.
- Investor reporting and other statutory requirements.
- Automation and management of NetSuite and enhancement projects, Banking & treasury admin, Travel policies and travel tool (Navan).
- Support with geographic expansion and growth, including creation of new subsidiaries and compliance in new jurisdictions.
What we are looking for
- CIMA, ACCA or ACA fully qualified accountant.
- Significant practice and industry accounting experience.
- Knowledge of UK and US tax compliance, including transfer pricing policies.
- Knowledge of IFRS, US GAAP and SOX controls and audits.
- SaaS or Technology industry experience.
- Prior experience of NetSuite essential. FloQast, Adaptive Planning and Navan (formerly TripActions) experience is desirable.
- Extensive reporting experience, ideally including public company reporting.
- Experience of leading and managing a team (remote and office based).
- Strong communication skills.
- Deadline driven, with focus on efficiencies and continuous improvement.
- A strong bias for action and ability to thrive in ambiguous situations
At Matillion, we are committed to providing competitive salaries in line with market standards. Our estimated compensation range for this position is £65,600 - £90,000, but the final salary will be based on your relevant skills, experience and qualifications demonstrated in the hiring process."
Find out more about Matillion and our core company values.
- A truly flexible & hybrid working culture
- A culture that promotes work life balance
- Company Equity
- Access to mental health support
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays
- 5 days paid volunteering leave
- Health insurance
- Life Insurance
- Career development with monthly hackdays and access to a Udemy account
& much more!
We are keen to hear from prospective employees, so please apply and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will be in touch.
Alternatively, if you are interested in Matillion but don't see a suitable role, please email email@example.com
Matillion is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our team. Matillion prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type, Matillion does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.
See more open positions at Matillion
Something looks off?