Site Reliability Engineer
Posted on Wednesday, January 31, 2024
Matillion is The Data Productivity Cloud.
We are on a mission to power the data productivity of our customers and the world, by helping teams get data business ready, faster. Our technology allows customers to load, transform, sync and orchestrate their data.
We are looking for passionate, high-integrity individuals to help us scale up our growing business. Together, we can make a dent in the universe bigger than ourselves.
We are now looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to join Matillion.
About the role
Matillion is built around small development teams with responsibility for specific themes and initiatives. The Site Reliability Engineer sits within the core & observability team which owns the operation and efficiency of our cloud platforms and services. The team is responsible for designing and implementing our cloud infrastructure, service reliability, service deployments, service observability and monitoring of Matillion products.
This role can work remotely from Ireland, with occasional in person meetings required in either our Manchester, UK or Denver, US HQ.
Technologies You’ll Use... Kubernetes, AWS, ArgoCD, Terraform, DataDog, Prometheus, Golang/ Python.
What you'll be doing
- You'll spend a significant amount of time working hands-on in the production of software for Matillion products
- You will discuss, establish and maintain the design patterns, framework selections and direction of the overall service reliability
- Collaborating with Engineering and Product teams to instrument system, application and business KPIs, you'll also work with members of the business teams to ensure customer-centric SLIs and SLOs are established
- There will also be opportunity to setup and define processes to support hosting and deploying of the live services
- You will provide engineering options, with unbiased pros and cons to meet problems shared by the business
What we are looking for
- Passion for performance, observability, availability, scalability and security, with a solid understanding of networking systems and protocols
- Have previous experience of large-scale web operations in a public cloud environment and be competent in Ruby, Go, Java, Python or an equivalent programming language
- Have worked with some of the following key technologies: Prometheus, Grafana, Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana, OpenTelemetry, Micrometer, New Relic, Datadog
- Be experienced with cloudformation, terraform and any other infrastructure-as-code technologies
- Be confident in your ability to own and deliver projects and issues to resolution using Agile methodologies and demonstrate a definite bias for action and focus on results
- Be an excellent communicator and cross-team collaborator and strive for personal excellence through continuous development and by keeping current with developments and offerings in the observability field
At Matillion, we are committed to providing competitive salaries in line with market standards. Our estimated compensation range for this position is €57,000 - €85,500 but the final salary will be based on your relevant skills, experience and qualifications demonstrated in the hiring process.
Matillion has fostered a culture that is collaborative, fast-paced, ambitious, and transparent, and an environment where people genuinely care about their colleagues and communities.
Our 6 core values guide how we work together and with our customers and partners. We operate a truly flexible and hybrid working culture that promotes work-life balance, and are proud to be able to offer the following benefits:
- Company Equity
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays
- 5 days paid volunteering leave
- Health insurance
- Life Insurance
- Access to mental health support
- Career development with access to a Udemy account, Blinkist and much more!
More about Matillion
Thousands of enterprises including Cisco, DocuSign, Pacific Life, Slack, and TUI trust Matillion technology to load, transform, sync, and orchestrate their data for a wide range of use cases from insights and operational analytics, to data science, machine learning, and AI.
With over $300M raised from top Silicon Valley investors, we are on a mission to power the data productivity of our customers and the world.
We are passionate about doing things in a smart, considerate way. We’re honoured to be named a great place to work for several years running by multiple industry research firms.
We are dual headquartered in Manchester, UK and Denver, Colorado.
We are keen to hear from prospective employees, so please apply and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will be in touch. Alternatively, if you are interested in Matillion but don't see a suitable role, please email email@example.com
Matillion is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our team. Matillion prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type, Matillion does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.