Staff Product Manager, IOT Devices/Hardware
Who we are:
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. Motive combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to connect and automate physical operations. Motive is one of the fastest-growing software companies in the world, serving more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is built on four foundational attributes; Own It, Less but Better, Build Trust, and Unlock Potential. This has taken our company to great heights, including being recognized by Fortune for Best Workplaces, Forbes Best Startup Employers, and Comparably for our Best Global Culture, Sales Team, Leadership Team, Career Growth, and CEO for Diversity. We’re proud to receive an employee net promoter score of 63 (according to Comparably) which places Motive in the top 5% of companies with 4,000 employees or more.
Today, our team is made up of more than 3,000 employees, located across the world, providing support to a wide range of customers. While most of our employees are remote, many have the opportunity to work on-site at any of our 8 global office locations. Visit our careers website to learn more about opportunities at Motive.
About the Role:
We are not solving a small problem, and we’re not addressing a small market. We are addressing significant issues faced by trillion-dollar industries that power the physical economy, including logistics, transportation, food & beverage, plumbers, HVAC, construction, and oil & gas. These businesses continue to be the lifelines of our economy even during the COVID pandemic. The opportunity here is enormous, and you will have a massive impact.
As an Internet of Things (IoT) Device Product Manager, you will craft compelling physical and digital product experiences to delight our customers and deliver a multi-year hardware roadmap leading to the best IoT device portfolio for the fleet safety and telematics industry.
What You’ll Do:
- Own the vision and execution of our safety and telematics hardware and the corresponding software and firmware capabilities.
- Set and articulate the product's vision, and get buy-in from our CEO, CPO, and CTO.
- Drive new projects from ideation through implementation and launch, focusing on excellent execution across hardware, firmware, web, and mobile platforms.
- Balance technical tradeoffs such as installation experience, size, AI computing, battery, and connectivity to deliver a winning solution.
- Continue to build additional value by optimizing the user experience of over 1M+ hardware devices in the field.
- Collaborate across multiple products, engineering, and go-to-market teams to ship the products that our customers would love
- Define and analyze performance metrics to measure the success of our products in the market.
What We’re Looking For:
- 6+ years of product management experience with expertise in launching hardware products from concept to launch.
- You have solid experience with full-stack IoT products, hardware product development cycles, embedded systems, and expertise in developing software features on mobile or cloud platforms
- You have high “EQ” and the ability to handle multiple competing priorities and tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- You are curious about a new market where you don’t have first-hand experience. You work diligently to understand customers' mindsets in a new market and enjoy delivering delightful experiences quickly.
- You are comfortable and confident sharing your thoughts in verbal or written form. You can engage constructively in debate and discussion with different personality types and seniority levels.
- You are a trailblazer who is humble, kind, and open to learning new stuff. You can take a stand yet commit even when you disagree. You have a strong bias to action (aka hustle) and are not afraid to get your hands dirty.
- Experience with launching hardware products with volumes of over 100K+ units is a huge plus.
- Familiarity with Edge AI, camera technology, telematics, cellular-connected devices, GPS systems, low-power wireless technologies like Bluetooth Low Energy, and/or automotive protocols such as CAN, OBD-II, J1939
- BA/BS in Electrical Engineering/Computer Science/Industrial Design/Mechanical Engineering/Embedded Systems, or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
Your compensation may be based on several factors, including education, work experience, and certifications. For certain roles, total compensation may include restricted stock units. Motive offers benefits including health, pharmacy, optical and dental care benefits, paid time off, sick time off, short term and long term disability coverage, life insurance as well as 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). Learn more about our benefits by visiting Motive Perks & Benefits
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
The applicant must be authorized to receive and access those commodities and technologies controlled under U.S. Export Administration Regulations. It is Motive's policy to require that employees be authorized to receive access to Motive products and technology.