Senior Product Marketing Manager
Who we are:
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. Motive combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to connect and automate physical operations. Motive is one of the fastest-growing software companies in the world, serving more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is built on four foundational attributes; Own It, Less but Better, Build Trust, and Unlock Potential. This has taken our company to great heights, including being recognized by Fortune for Best Workplaces, Forbes Best Startup Employers, and Comparably for our Best Global Culture, Sales Team, Leadership Team, Career Growth, and CEO for Diversity. We’re proud to receive an employee net promoter score of 63 (according to Comparably) which places Motive in the top 5% of companies with 4,000 employees or more.
Today, our team is made up of more than 3,000 employees, located across the world, providing support to a wide range of customers. While most of our employees are remote, many have the opportunity to work on-site at any of our 8 global office locations. Visit our careers website to learn more about opportunities at Motive.
About the Role:
We are seeking an engaging and strategic storyteller to join our team as a Senior Product Marketing Manager to help lead our business into new segments of an industry on the cusp of unlocking its potential. Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. In this role, you’ll bring fresh perspectives and draw on a deep understanding of what drives people and businesses to help us build something meaningful and measurable. Design and lead new marketing strategies, working cross-functionally with the product, sales, marketing, design, enablement, and customer success organizations at Motive to create messaging that evangelizes how Motive’s technology creates better safety and efficiency outcomes for fleets across North America.
The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker who knows how to get at the heart of what motivates our customers and use those insights to guide competitive positioning and strategy; while simultaneously possessing a keen eye for detail across external and internal facing content contributing to Motive’s brand. This role will have a high level of ownership and visibility across the organization.
What You'll Do:
- Own product positioning and messaging: develop a compelling narrative and value propositions for Motive’s product suite to communicate our vision to diverse audiences externally and internally
- Partner with design and marketing to build content and collateral (blog, website, pitch decks, videos, etc) that reflect positioning and showcase the value and vision of our product
- Quarterback product launches in partnership with cross-functional teams
- Be an evangelist for thought leadership and ongoing relevance in the market
- Align with the PM teams to drive strategy around product positioning for existing products and new launches
- Develop GTM strategies to help accelerate new pipeline and upsell opportunities
- Understand the customer, the competition, and how Motive’s technology uniquely solves that customer’s problems
- Develop compelling customer case studies and testimonials
What We're Looking For:
- 5+ years of work experience in a marketing / strategic function
- Excellent writing and storytelling skills — has previous writing samples to point to
- Experience working with executive leadership and cross-functional teams
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment, a high-energy go-getter
- Strong project management skills
Your compensation may be based on several factors, including education, work experience, and certifications. For certain roles, total compensation may include restricted stock units. Motive offers benefits including health, pharmacy, optical and dental care benefits, paid time off, sick time off, short term and long term disability coverage, life insurance as well as 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). Learn more about our benefits by visiting Motive Perks & Benefits
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
The applicant must be authorized to receive and access those commodities and technologies controlled under U.S. Export Administration Regulations. It is Motive's policy to require that employees be authorized to receive access to Motive products and technology.