Senior Software Engineer, Embedded
Who we are:
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. Motive combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to connect and automate physical operations. Motive is one of the fastest-growing software companies in the world, serving more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is built on four foundational attributes; Own It, Less but Better, Build Trust, and Unlock Potential. This has taken our company to great heights, including being recognized by Fortune for Best Workplaces, Forbes Best Startup Employers, and Comparably for our Best Global Culture, Sales Team, Leadership Team, Career Growth, and CEO for Diversity. We’re proud to receive an employee net promoter score of 63 (according to Comparably) which places Motive in the top 5% of companies with 4,000 employees or more.
Today, our team is made up of more than 3,000 employees, located across the world, providing support to a wide range of customers. While most of our employees are remote, many have the opportunity to work on-site at any of our 8 global office locations. Visit our careers website to learn more about opportunities at Motive.
About the Role:
As an Embedded Engineer, you will be a key member of the AI team contributing to the development and deployment of embedded AI features concept to launch. As an exceptional technical engineer, you are able to architect, execute, and test complex embedded systems with AI and machine learning applications on a range of platforms from bare metal, RTOS, Android and Linux.
This role will collaborate cross-functionally on the design and architecture of the system's firmware, hardware and software, and plan and drive the project to product launch. This person has experience with test-driven development, manufacturing process, writing technical documentation, and shipping high-volume and high-quality products
- Design and development of high-performance firmware and software for cutting-edge embedded platforms and cameras.
- Debug, optimize, and validate firmware on complex embedded multi-core architectures.
- Present and provide feedback on architectural discussions for next-generation business logic.
- Engage with a cross-disciplinary team to design, develop and test features up the stack.
- 4-6 years of experience as an Embedded engineer
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Experience leading a project from concept phase through product launch
- Experience with embedded programming on Linux and / or RTOS
- Strong programming experience and demonstrated proficiency in C/C++ for embedded systems, including development of algorithms, manipulation of complex data structures, and implementing highly optimized code
- Consumer electronics experience or familiarity with 3-4 or relevant technologies: embedded processors, GPUs, WiFi/BT, cameras, IoT, CAN (Controller Area Network).
- Familiarity or experience with development or embedded deployment of machine learning / AI / deep learning models a plus
- Familiarity or experience with one or more of Python, Kotlin, JNI, AOSP and Android OS a plus
- Familiarity or experience Vehicle telematics, OBD-II, or vehicle diagnostics experience is a plus
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
The applicant must be authorized to receive and access those commodities and technologies controlled under U.S. Export Administration Regulations. It is Motive's policy to require that employees be authorized to receive access to Motive products and technology.