Director, Growth Marketing
Who we are:
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. Motive combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to connect and automate physical operations. Motive is one of the fastest-growing software companies in the world, serving more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is built on four foundational attributes; Own It, Less but Better, Build Trust, and Unlock Potential. This has taken our company to great heights, including being recognized by Fortune for Best Workplaces, Forbes Best Startup Employers, and Comparably for our Best Global Culture, Sales Team, Leadership Team, Career Growth, and CEO for Diversity. We’re proud to receive an employee net promoter score of 63 (according to Comparably) which places Motive in the top 5% of companies with 4,000 employees or more.
Today, our team is made up of more than 3,000 employees, located across the world, providing support to a wide range of customers. While most of our employees are remote, many have the opportunity to work on-site at any of our 8 global office locations. Visit our careers website to learn more about opportunities at Motive.
About the Role:
At Motive, the growth marketing team is responsible for maximizing customer acquisition and revenue growth across all that we do. The responsibilities of the team span the entire customer journey - from building awareness to first touchpoint to upsell and retention. We put the user first - ensuring we are delivering on our core value proposition and putting the right message in the right moment.
As the Director of Paid Media, you’ll build and lead a best-in-class team of media savvy professionals who combine strategy, operational excellence and analytical rigor to drive growth. You’ll oversee digital and offline campaigns optimized to build brand awareness, deliver new customers and build pipeline within key efficiency guardrails like ROAS, CAC, eLTV and ROI. You will report to the VP of Growth Marketing.
As a bonus, you’ll be able to embed yourself deep in the world of the physical economy and help understand the forces that govern it.
This role is remote and based in the US.
What You'll Do:
- Develop and oversee cohesive media plans to build brand awareness
- Drive cost-efficient new pipeline and revenue growth across a mix of performance marketing channels
- Oversee best in class operations and optimizations in digital and offline channels such as paid search (SEM), affiliate marketing, lead buying, sponsored content, direct mail, digital video and audio, radio and out-of-home
- Lead and develop our paid media team
- Manage budgets and forecasts, identify risks to performance and opportunities for growth investments
- Develop a deep understanding of our data and metrics, test & iterate, instill analytical rigor as the basis for decision making
- Work closely with our creative team to develop and optimize articulation of Motive’s value proposition through sight, sound, and motion
- Build effective cross-functional partnerships with marketing operations, analytics, web marketing, product marketing, sales and finance
What We're Looking For:
- 10+ years of experience working in digital + offline media
- At least 2+ years B2B experience, ideally including in mid-market/enterprise sector
- History of managing media budget to revenue goals and efficiency metrics
- Experience recruiting and developing marketing talent
- Strong communicator, effective at presenting to executive audiences and distilling complexities into essential considerations that support decision making
- Solid familiarity with analytical methodologies such as A/B testing, forecasting, matched market tests, measuring incrementality and marginal CAC
- Comfortable with marketing technology stack and an understanding of campaign & attribution data flows and processes
- A coach who is also capable of and enjoys being a hands-on player
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, business, statistics or related field.
- A constant learner, with strong knowledge of the media landscape
Your compensation may be based on several factors, including education, work experience, and certifications. For certain roles, total compensation may include restricted stock units. Motive offers benefits including health, pharmacy, optical and dental care benefits, paid time off, sick time off, short term and long term disability coverage, life insurance as well as 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). Learn more about our benefits by visiting Motive Perks & Benefits
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
The applicant must be authorized to receive and access those commodities and technologies controlled under U.S. Export Administration Regulations. It is Motive's policy to require that employees be authorized to receive access to Motive products and technology.