Senior Software Engineer, Backend
Who we are:
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. Motive combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to connect and automate physical operations. Motive is one of the fastest-growing software companies in the world, serving more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is built on four foundational attributes; Own It, Less but Better, Build Trust, and Unlock Potential. This has taken our company to great heights, including being recognized by Fortune for Best Workplaces, Forbes Best Startup Employers, and Comparably for our Best Global Culture, Sales Team, Leadership Team, Career Growth, and CEO for Diversity. We’re proud to receive an employee net promoter score of 63 (according to Comparably) which places Motive in the top 5% of companies with 4,000 employees or more.
Today, our team is made up of more than 3,000 employees, located across the world, providing support to a wide range of customers. While most of our employees are remote, many have the opportunity to work on-site at any of our 8 global office locations. Visit our careers website to learn more about opportunities at Motive.
About the Role:
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be a part of the asset monitoring team who can turn product ideas into reality by designing components and services for new feature developments. You will implement scalable architecture and work with an enthusiastic team contributing to robust projects that will be critical for fleets to be able to track everything from trailers down to individual tools at a job site and provide valuable and actionable real-time insights to help streamline operations and increase our customer’s profitability.
What You'll Do:
- Collaborate with several cross functional teams to design and document scalable solutions
- Write secure, maintainable code that powers the platform that provides real time visibility into company’s assets
- Build and make scalable design choices for API interfaces to work across internal and external applications and services Build appropriate monitoring, logging, debugging for the health of the system
- Actively work on our AWS cloud infrastructure
- Mentor and learn from the developers within the engineering organization
What We're Looking For:
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years software development experience
- An affinity for creating software that is extensible, performant, and easy to read
- Experience building product infrastructure, distributed systems and data models
- Experience in Ruby on Rails, Go Lang, Java, or similar language
- Experience with relational and NoSQL databases such as PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, Redis, and Cassandra
- Experience building for Cloud Infrastructure such as AWS, GCP, Azure or private clouds
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
The applicant must be authorized to receive and access those commodities and technologies controlled under U.S. Export Administration Regulations. It is Motive's policy to require that employees be authorized to receive access to Motive products and technology.