Manager, SMB Sales Engineering
Who we are:
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. Motive combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to connect and automate physical operations. Motive is one of the fastest-growing software companies in the world, serving more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is built on four foundational attributes; Own It, Less but Better, Build Trust, and Unlock Potential. This has taken our company to great heights, including being recognized by Fortune for Best Workplaces, Forbes Best Startup Employers, and Comparably for our Best Global Culture, Sales Team, Leadership Team, Career Growth, and CEO for Diversity. We’re proud to receive an employee net promoter score of 63 (according to Comparably) which places Motive in the top 5% of companies with 4,000 employees or more.
Today, our team is made up of more than 3,000 employees, located across the world, providing support to a wide range of customers. While most of our employees are remote, many have the opportunity to work on-site at any of our 8 global office locations. Visit our careers website to learn more about opportunities at Motive.
About the Role:
As the Manager of our Small/Medium Business (SMB) Sales Engineering team, you will lead our technical pre-sales experts that support our off-shore SMB selling team. In this management position, you will play a crucial role in leading and enhancing the effectiveness, productivity, and revenue growth of the Sales Team. This new role is responsible for leading a team of SMB Sales Engineers, ensuring they possess and demonstrate excellent interpersonal communication skills, technical comprehension, product expertise, business acumen, and the overall industry knowledge needed to close new business.
What You'll Do:
- Lead and manage the SMB Sales Engineering team responsible for discovery calls, product demonstrations, and pilots for our SMB customers and prospects.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand customer pains and requirements for proposed solutions.
- Oversee the delivery of customized demonstrations of the Motive product offering to prospects across various roles.
- Guide the team in successfully matching customer pains and requirements to proposed solutions.
- Develop expertise on Motive’s competition and collaborate with your team and Account Executives on displacement deals.
- Drive the team to become experts not only on Motive’s current offering but also on the product roadmap.
- Collaborate with the Product Team to provide training on new feature releases, emphasizing the unique value proposition for the Sales Team.
- Act as the primary sales liaison between multiple internal organizations, including Product, Engineering, Customer Success, and Product Marketing.
What We're Looking For:
- 3+ years leading pre-sales/sales engineering teams in a high-velocity selling environment (SaaS and Hardware experience is a plus).
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
- Strong understanding of the technology landscape, including software development, cloud computing, IoT, AI/ML, etc.
- Exceptional leadership and team management skills, with a track record of building and motivating high-performing teams.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities, capable of engaging and collaborating with diverse stakeholders.
- Strategic thinking and problem-solving skills, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Results-oriented mindset with a focus on driving innovation and delivering impactful solutions.
Your compensation may be based on several factors, including education, work experience, and certifications. For certain roles, total compensation may include restricted stock units. Motive offers benefits including health, pharmacy, optical and dental care benefits, paid time off, sick time off, short term and long term disability coverage, life insurance as well as 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). Learn more about our benefits by visiting Motive Perks & Benefits.
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
The applicant must be authorized to receive and access those commodities and technologies controlled under U.S. Export Administration Regulations. It is Motive's policy to require that employees be authorized to receive access to Motive products and technology.