Account Executive, Outbound Sales
Who we are:
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. Motive combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to connect and automate physical operations. Motive is one of the fastest-growing software companies in the world, serving more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is built on four foundational attributes; Own It, Less but Better, Build Trust, and Unlock Potential. This has taken our company to great heights, including being recognized by Fortune for Best Workplaces, Forbes Best Startup Employers, and Comparably for our Best Global Culture, Sales Team, Leadership Team, Career Growth, and CEO for Diversity. We’re proud to receive an employee net promoter score of 63 (according to Comparably) which places Motive in the top 5% of companies with 4,000 employees or more.
Today, our team is made up of more than 3,000 employees, located across the world, providing support to a wide range of customers. While most of our employees are remote, many have the opportunity to work on-site at any of our 8 global office locations. Visit our careers website to learn more about opportunities at Motive.
About the Role:
As an SMB Outbound Account Executive, you’ll have the opportunity to work with our largest line of revenue. SMB customers make up the majority of our customer base and are our largest revenue stream. We are looking for sales professionals who are competitive, driven, strong communicators, and consistently practice refining their skillset. You should be humble, coachable and relentless towards hitting your goals and targets.
Learn more about our work culture and team members on this profile of our team here.
What You'll Do:
- High volume cold calling, prospecting new business and making outbound calls. You’re looking for the diamond in the rough, expect to have a high volume of outbound calls with a small number of qualified prospects responding. This is a cold-calling full-cycle sales role.
- Demo our software to prospective fleet managers and drivers.
- Survey prospects to understand pain points within their business so that you can align those business needs with the Motive solution.
- Educate fleet managers and drivers about Motive, understand their requirements, and help them get started with Motive.
- Maintain a consistent pipeline of qualified prospects and provide accurate forecasts for revenue.
- Achieve daily KPIs and monthly quota.
What We're Looking For:
- Minimum of 1 to 2 years of outbound sales experience preferably with international clients (US/Canada/UK)
- Strong end-to-end ownership attitude from prospecting, demonstrations, to closing.
- Must be a self-starter, who empowers themselves and others to learn in a quickly evolving environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to successfully convey key value propositions and quickly manage objections
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with Salesforce, G-suite, MS Office tools, and general technical aptitude preferred.
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
The applicant must be authorized to receive and access those commodities and technologies controlled under U.S. Export Administration Regulations. It is Motive's policy to require that employees be authorized to receive access to Motive products and technology.