Deal Desk Manager (CST/EST)
Who we are:
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. Motive combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to connect and automate physical operations. Motive is one of the fastest-growing software companies in the world, serving more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is built on four foundational attributes; Own It, Less but Better, Build Trust, and Unlock Potential. This has taken our company to great heights, including being recognized by Fortune for Best Workplaces, Forbes Best Startup Employers, and Comparably for our Best Global Culture, Sales Team, Leadership Team, Career Growth, and CEO for Diversity. We’re proud to receive an employee net promoter score of 63 (according to Comparably) which places Motive in the top 5% of companies with 4,000 employees or more.
Today, our team is made up of more than 3,000 employees, located across the world, providing support to a wide range of customers. While most of our employees are remote, many have the opportunity to work on-site at any of our 8 global office locations. Visit our careers website to learn more about opportunities at Motive.
About the Role:
Motive is looking for a Deal Desk Manager to help build out and manage end-to-end execution of deals and streamlined approval processes. You will guide and establish deal strategy and simplify deal process and workflow, and get your hands dirty as subject matter expert providing outstanding customer service and thought leadership to Account Executives, Customer Success Managers, Enterprise Systems, Order Management, Sales Enablement and other stakeholders for the Sales Segment. You will contribute to scalability and efficiency gains in internal processes that impact the overall customer experience and contribute to the company’s overall Sales and Customer Success strategy.
What You'll Do:
- Serve as a strategic and tactical business partner to the sales organization and support functions to facilitate deal composition and approvals, including quoting, exception escalation and management
- Hold meetings and office hours with Sellers, Sales Managers and Customer Success Managers to strategize on deals and be the knowledgebase for pricing policies
- Be an SFDC and CPQ expert to validate deal submissions, conduct UAT Testing, and work with Enterprise Systems, Sales Enablement and Order Management to resolve issues as and when required
- Optimize and manage a continuous deal pipeline by ensuring Sales follows Deal Desk guidelines and revise Deal Desk processes to enable best practices.
- Evaluate deals with strong analytical skills to advise others on how to best structure the deals based on customers buying patterns, discounts, COGS and product features.
What We're Looking For:
- 4+ years of operations experience in high-growth technology company in Deal Desk
- Have an acute attention to detail, be highly process oriented, be able to multitask efficiently and productively, while exercising excellent judgment that considers the needs of all stakeholders. Most importantly, you excel in fast paced, dynamic, hands-on environments, can match the energy level of our passionate people, and without hesitation, jump in to get it done.
- Expert with Google Sheet and knows how to work the formulas
- Strong communicator. Exceptional verbal, written communication, interpersonal, teamwork and customer service skills.
- Strong experience with Salesforce.com, CPQ and other sales related systems. SFDC Administrator level preferred but not required.
- Seeking candidates in EST or CST timezones
Your compensation may be based on several factors, including education, work experience, and certifications. For certain roles, total compensation may include restricted stock units. Motive offers benefits including health, pharmacy, optical and dental care benefits, paid time off, sick time off, short term and long term disability coverage, life insurance as well as 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). Learn more about our benefits by visiting Motive Perks & Benefits
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
The applicant must be authorized to receive and access those commodities and technologies controlled under U.S. Export Administration Regulations. It is Motive's policy to require that employees be authorized to receive access to Motive products and technology.