Associate QA Engineer (Salesforce)
Who we are:
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. Motive combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to connect and automate physical operations. Motive is one of the fastest-growing software companies in the world, serving more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is built on four foundational attributes; Own It, Less but Better, Build Trust, and Unlock Potential. This has taken our company to great heights, including being recognized by Fortune for Best Workplaces, Forbes Best Startup Employers, and Comparably for our Best Global Culture, Sales Team, Leadership Team, Career Growth, and CEO for Diversity. We’re proud to receive an employee net promoter score of 63 (according to Comparably) which places Motive in the top 5% of companies with 4,000 employees or more.
Today, our team is made up of more than 3,000 employees, located across the world, providing support to a wide range of customers. While most of our employees are remote, many have the opportunity to work on-site at any of our 8 global office locations. Visit our careers website to learn more about opportunities at Motive.
About the Role:
As a Salesforce QA Tester, you will be responsible for evaluating and testing Salesforce applications and configurations to ensure they meet the required standards of quality and functionality. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams, including developers, administrators, and product managers, to identify and resolve defects and improve the overall user experience.
- Test Planning: Collaborate with product owners to define test objectives, strategies, and test plans for Salesforce projects.
- Test Case Creation: Create detailed test cases and test scripts based on business requirements and user stories
- Test Execution: Execute manual tests to verify the functionality, performance, security, and usability of Salesforce applications
- Defect Identification: Identify, document, and report defects and issues in a clear and concise manner, including steps to reproduce and severity assessment
- Regression Testing: Perform regression testing to ensure that new developments and changes do not negatively impact existing functionality.Taking ownership to track towards closure w/ collaboration w/ engineer and PM
- Test Data Management: Manage and maintain test data, ensuring data integrity and relevance for testing purposes
- Test Documentation: Maintain comprehensive test documentation, including test plans, test cases, and test results.
- Collaboration: Work closely with developers, business analysts, and product owners to understand requirements and provide feedback during the development process
- Quality Assurance: Contribute to the overall quality assurance process, including test process improvements, test automation initiatives, and the adoption of best practices.
- Be available for standups during scheduled timing (typically early PST hours)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field is preferred.
- 3-4 years of experience(preferred) in manual software testing, with a focus on Salesforce application and a detail oriented approach
- Salesforce certifications (e.g., Salesforce Administrator, Salesforce Platform App Builder) are a plus.
- Strong understanding of Salesforce CRM platform functionalities and configurations.
- Proficiency in test case creation, test execution, defect tracking, and test management tools (e.g., Jira, TestRail).
- Understanding of automated test tools like provar/Selenium is a bonus
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle (SDLC) and agile methodologies.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Attention to detail and a commitment to delivering high-quality software.
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic and fast-paced work environment
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
The applicant must be authorized to receive and access those commodities and technologies controlled under U.S. Export Administration Regulations. It is Motive's policy to require that employees be authorized to receive access to Motive products and technology.