Embedded QA Engineer (6 months contract)
Who we are:
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. Motive combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to connect and automate physical operations. Motive is one of the fastest-growing software companies in the world, serving more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is built on four foundational attributes; Own It, Less but Better, Build Trust, and Unlock Potential. This has taken our company to great heights, including being recognized by Fortune for Best Workplaces, Forbes Best Startup Employers, and Comparably for our Best Global Culture, Sales Team, Leadership Team, Career Growth, and CEO for Diversity. We’re proud to receive an employee net promoter score of 63 (according to Comparably) which places Motive in the top 5% of companies with 4,000 employees or more.
Today, our team is made up of more than 3,000 employees, located across the world, providing support to a wide range of customers. While most of our employees are remote, many have the opportunity to work on-site at any of our 8 global office locations. Visit our careers website to learn more about opportunities at Motive.
We are looking for an Embedded QA Engineer (6 Months contract) who will play a crucial role in ensuring the quality and reliability of our embedded products. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in testing and quality assurance of hardware and software integration, and a deep understanding of embedded systems. We are looking for candidates with a strong Electrical Engineering or Computer Science background, who are natural team players to act as a key part of the QA team in testing our ELD (Electronic Logging Device, an in-vehicle data acquisition system) and non-ELD integrated software features
- Develop and execute test plans, test cases, and test scripts for embedded systems.
- Designs, implements & maintains functional testing and delivers quality features.
- Perform manual and automated testing to identify defects and ensure compliance with requirements.
- Collaborate with development to understand requirements and provide input during the design phase.
- Design, implement, and maintain automated test frameworks for embedded systems.
- Debug and troubleshoot issues in embedded systems and provide detailed bug reports.
- Perform system integration and regression testing to ensure the stability and performance of products.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and emerging technologies in embedded systems.
- Document test procedures and maintain comprehensive test documentation
What We Are Looking For:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field.
- 1-2+ years of proven experience as an Embedded QA Engineer or in a similar role.
- Strong knowledge of embedded systems and hardware-software integration.
- Experience with Agile methodologies and QA testing life cycles.
- Experience with bugs reporting and tracking tools (JIRA preferable)
- Experience of working on Mobile/Web integration testing with Embedded Systems.
- Proficiency in testing tools and methodologies, including automated testing.
- Experience with scripting and programming languages such as C/C++, Python, and SQL
- Familiarity with hardware interfaces, communication protocols, and debugging tools.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Strong communication and collaboration and teamwork skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
The applicant must be authorized to receive and access those commodities and technologies controlled under U.S. Export Administration Regulations. It is Motive's policy to require that employees be authorized to receive access to Motive products and technology.