Director, Supply Chain Operations
Who we are:
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. Motive combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to connect and automate physical operations. Motive is one of the fastest-growing software companies in the world, serving more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is built on four foundational attributes; Own It, Less but Better, Build Trust, and Unlock Potential. This has taken our company to great heights, including being recognized by Fortune for Best Workplaces, Forbes Best Startup Employers, and Comparably for our Best Global Culture, Sales Team, Leadership Team, Career Growth, and CEO for Diversity. We’re proud to receive an employee net promoter score of 63 (according to Comparably) which places Motive in the top 5% of companies with 4,000 employees or more.
Today, our team is made up of more than 3,000 employees, located across the world, providing support to a wide range of customers. While most of our employees are remote, many have the opportunity to work on-site at any of our 8 global office locations. Visit our careers website to learn more about opportunities at Motive.
About the Role:
As the Director of Supply Chain Operations, you will be responsible for overseeing and optimizing the day-to-day operations within the supply chain department. This role requires a seasoned professional with a strong background in supply chain management, operational efficiency, and process improvement. You will lead and provide mentorship to Supply Chain Program Managers, setting clear goals and objectives. You will also partner with Sales, Product Management, and Finance teams to implement Sales and Operation Planning processes to improve inventory efficiency and budget management. Be the business partner to the Enterprise Systems team to implement ERP automation and application integrations internally or externally so Motive supply chain can scale to support new products, new segments, and new markets.
What You'll Do:
- Team Leadership: You will be overseeing a team of 4 Supply Chain Program Managers and ensuring their success and growth within the supply chain organization.
- Inventory Management: Oversee inventory levels to balance the need for product availability avoiding stock out with cost-effectiveness. Implement inventory control measures to minimize excess or obsolete inventory.
- Technology Integration: Implement and leverage technology, such as supply chain management systems and analytics tools, to enhance visibility, tracking, and decision-making.
- Cross Functional Collaboration: Collaborate with other departments, including sales, product, engineering, finance, and accounting, to ensure alignment and coordination across the organization. Facilitate communication and information flow between different functional areas.
- Performance Metrics: Establish key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure and evaluate the performance of the supply chain. Regularly analyze and report on supply chain performance to the executive team.
- Supplier Management: Establish and maintain relationships with suppliers and vendors to ensure a reliable and cost-effective supply of goods and services.
- Budget Management: Develop and manage budgets related to supply chain planning activities. Ensure cost-effectiveness and resource optimization in planning processes.
What We're Looking For:
- Proven experience in a leadership role within supply chain operations
- In-depth knowledge of supply chain processes, technologies, and inventory management
- Related industry experience, familiar with hardware and SaaS combined model
- Experience with supply chain technologies and ERP systems, i.e. Netsuite, SAP
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, strong command of data
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, or a related field. Advanced degree (MBA, MS) is a plus.
Your compensation may be based on several factors, including education, work experience, and certifications. For certain roles, total compensation may include restricted stock units. Motive offers benefits including health, pharmacy, optical and dental care benefits, paid time off, sick time off, short term and long term disability coverage, life insurance as well as 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). Learn more about our benefits by visiting Motive Perks & Benefits
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
The applicant must be authorized to receive and access those commodities and technologies controlled under U.S. Export Administration Regulations. It is Motive's policy to require that employees be authorized to receive access to Motive products and technology.