Senior People Analytics Analyst
Who we are:
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. Motive combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to connect and automate physical operations. Motive is one of the fastest-growing software companies in the world, serving more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is built on four foundational attributes; Own It, Less but Better, Build Trust, and Unlock Potential. This has taken our company to great heights, including being recognized by Fortune for Best Workplaces, Forbes Best Startup Employers, and Comparably for our Best Global Culture, Sales Team, Leadership Team, Career Growth, and CEO for Diversity. We’re proud to receive an employee net promoter score of 63 (according to Comparably) which places Motive in the top 5% of companies with 4,000 employees or more.
Today, our team is made up of more than 3,000 employees, located across the world, providing support to a wide range of customers. While most of our employees are remote, many have the opportunity to work on-site at any of our 8 global office locations. Visit our careers website to learn more about opportunities at Motive.
About the Role:
Are you passionate about analyzing data and telling stories with it?
Do you thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment?
Do you want to help build out a People Analytics function from the ground up?
If so, this role is for you.
Motive is seeking an experienced analyst to join the People Analytics team. The Sr. People Analyst utilizes workforce data from our core HCM and other systems to provide insights across the full lifecycle of employees. This role will be responsible for forming cross-functional partnerships across People & Places, using people data to generate effective business intelligence, telling stories and driving insights that facilitate better people and business outcomes across Motive. The opportunity for career growth is unparalleled at Motive, where you’ll find no shortage of challenging yet fulfilling work, chances to build new skills and supportive teammates who will push you to achieve your best.
What You'll Do:
- Analyze, scope and define business requirements in order to provide the meaningful, strategic data insights that drive actionable results. People subjects include, but not limited to: Recruiting, Employee Experience, DE&I, Talent Management
- Own and lead projects to design, build, and maintain business intelligence for stakeholders, leveraging available tools. Implement self-service dashboards in Tableau that create engaging data visualizations across the employee lifecycle. Train users to improve adoption.
- Proactively identify new opportunities to leverage workforce data and analytics technologies to deliver better people and business outcomes
- Cultivate strong partnership across the People & Places team and organization to understand people needs
- As a data and analytics subject matter expert, assist in developing and strengthening this capability across all People & Places functions.
What We're Looking For:
- 4+ years of experience in a quantitative or analytics role, building data visualizations, business intelligence, and generating actionable insights, preferably in a People/HR team
- 3+ years of experience developing dashboards using Tableau and other BI/Analytics/Statistical modeling tools
- 3+ years of experience using SQL to manage, retrieve, and transform data in relational databases
- Advanced data visualization skills, ability to tell a compelling story with data
- Progressive experience with implementing self-service dashboards and driving user adoption
- Progressive experiences working with data warehouse / data lake, SQL, and ETL pipelines
- Understanding of statistical analysis (e.g. hypothesis testing, regressions)
- Experience managing projects from end to end. Must be able to translate business requirements into solutions
- Strong business acumen, problem-solving skills, and stakeholder management experience
- High level of discretion with highly sensitive/ confidential data.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field (e.g. Business Analytics, Statistics, I/O Psychology) or equivalent work experience
- Nice to haves:
- Master’s degree in a related field
- Working knowledge Workday HCM
- Proficiency with Python (or R)
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
The applicant must be authorized to receive and access those commodities and technologies controlled under U.S. Export Administration Regulations. It is Motive's policy to require that employees be authorized to receive access to Motive products and technology.